Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: No regrets writing petition against Aregbesola – Osun judge  (Read 965 times)

Offline Ereporter

No regrets writing petition against Aregbesola – Osun judge
« on: October 10, 2016, 07:52:10 PM »

A former judge of the Osun State High Court, who was recently retired by the National Judicial Council, Justice Olamide Oloyede, has said she has no regrets writing the petition against Governor Rauf Aregbesola and his deputy, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori.

The retired judge said this while featuring on a radio programme, Frank Talk, aired by Rave FM and monitored by our correspondent in Osogbo on Monday.Oloyede, however, apologised to the governor and the deputy for using certain words which she ought not to have used in the petition but stressed that she was convinced beyond doubt that she did no wrong by writing the petition where she asked the members of the House of Assembly to impeach Aregbesola and Laoye-Tomori.

She explained that she had no animosity against the governor, adding that she did not violate any section of the constitution for talking about the issues affecting the people of the state.

Oloyede said, ” I have no regrets writing that petition, but I think in retrospect I have come to realise that perhaps, I did employ some words or language in respect of Mr. Governor and his deputy, which I ought not to have and so, today I am tendering an unreserved apology, public apology for the choice of certain words which I would not repeat.

“However, as far as the substance of that petition is concerned, I remain resolute and I am convinced that my actions were done in fidelity to my office and to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigerian , which I swore to uphold and out of love for my country.

“As we say in law, the fact speaks for itself and as I said earlier, the petition speaks for itself. I would rather not go over the content of the petition, which I believe is in the public’s possession. My reason for writing is clearly stated there. I am a person known for my own conviction and the only regret I have, I have said it, every other thing I said I meant it word for word.”

She stated that some believed that the judiciary should only be seen and not heard even if the country was collapsing, but Oloyode said she did not belong to this class of people.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/10/10/no-regrets-writing-petition-against-aregbesola-osun-judge/

David Mark tells INEC -Declare Adeleke winner of Osun guber poll now

Started by Naijaloaded

Replies: 0
Views: 15299
Last post September 24, 2018, 02:44:01 PM
by Naijaloaded
President Jonathan storms Osun State, campaigns for Omisore 'Picture'

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1739
Last post August 03, 2014, 01:50:03 PM
by mastercode