Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Dangote Group refinery vows to end crisis as Fuel scarcity looms in Nigeria  (Read 1977 times)

Offline newspostng

• Global Moderator

The Dangote Group, which is currently building a refinery, has reacted to the lingering fuel scarcity in the country by assuring that when the plant comes on stream, Nigeria would be transformed from a fuel importing country to an exporting one.
The Executive Director, Stakeholder Management and Corporate Communications of the Group, Mr. Mansur Ahmed, told newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday that the time has come for Nigeria to completely deregulated the downstream industry.

According to him, ?The kind of reason that has compelled the government to fix petroleum product prices has not been tenable.

?The refining industry is a global industry; if you use those international benchmarks, you shouldn?t really worry about the price.

?That plant itself is the largest single refinery plant anywhere in the world. In addition to the refinery, we are also going to produce some petrochemical products from the same complex.

?These are polyethylene and polypropylene,? the stated, urging the government to deregulate the downstream sector so that investors could play in an open market.

The Executive Director continued that ?One would prefer if it was deregulated so that we know that we are playing in the open market.

?The key issue is that if I buy crude, whether from Nigeria or anywhere else, I buy at an international price. If I produce a product and want to sell, I should sell that product at an international price.

?So, I will not be affected by the decision of local pricing; it is on that concept that we went into refining.

?We expect that we will buy our input, especially crude, for international market price, and that when we produce products, we will sell those products at international prices,? Ahmed said.

How we are resolving Nigeria's power supply problem - Says Power Minister

Started by guruslodge

Replies: 0
Views: 1766
Last post January 08, 2018, 08:54:30 AM
by guruslodge
United States builds wall at Nigeria-Niger border in move against Boko Haram

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1632
Last post September 19, 2015, 12:02:07 PM
by mastercode