Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: Terrorism: Senate to consider Jonathan?s $1billion loan request today  (Read 1401 times)

Offline internet police

• Global Moderator
  • do not spam this forum

The Senate has promised to consider President Goodluck Jonathan?s request of $1 billion loan to fight terrorism in some parts of the country as it resumes today, Tuesday.

It also promised to consider the most possible way of tackling the out-break of the dreaded Ebola Virus Disease, EVD.

Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and Business, Senator Ita Enang, who stated these while speaking with newsmen, said that if the President decided to bring the report of the just concluded National Conference to the Senate, it would pass the normal legislative process.

Naijacrux reports that President Jonathan had in the letter addressed to the Senate President, Senator David Mark, which was read a day before the vacation, explained that the loan would be used to upgrade equipment, training and logistics for the armed forces and other security agencies.

In the letter, he stated, ?I would like to bring to your attention the urgent need to upgrade the equipment, training and logistics of our Armed Forces and Security Services to enable them more forcefully confront this serious threat.

?For this reason, I seek the concurrence of the National Assembly for external borrowing of not more than $1 billion, including government to government arrangements for this upgrade?.

Senator Enang said among other items that would be given urgent priority was the funding of police reforms programme pending before the Senate and the Electoral Act as well as constitutional amendment.

He said: ?Today, we can say that as we resume, we will consider the health challenge that is facing the country, the way it is just handled, the way forward, particularly the Ebola question, it cannot be unnoticed, it will be addressed by the Senate; then the request from Mr. President for $1 billion loan will be laid on the order paper for consideration by the Senate.

?There was also another request by Mr. President for fund to fund the Police Reform Programme that is still pending before us; we will also put that forward for consideration by the Senate. As we resume, we are all conscious of the fact that elections will be held soon and the time table, the prioritisation of matters will take account of that.?

On the national conference report, he said, ?when it comes from Mr. President we will address it in the normal legislative process, but we cannot speak on a matter which we are yet to receive because we do not know the form, the time and the character it will come, so we will only speak on it when we have received it. As at today, I am not aware that we have received it?.

jonathan to buhari- If you want to probe me, then probe all the admin before me

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 2175
Last post May 28, 2015, 01:26:23 AM
by internet police
Nigeria President Jonathan - I can?t lose 2015 Nigeria presidential elections

Started by internet police

Views: 1460
Last post March 04, 2015, 06:40:14 PM
by internet police
Corruption versus corruption is impossible to fight?Jonathan?s aides tell Buhari

Started by yungcrux

Views: 1910
Last post October 15, 2015, 10:21:39 AM
by yungcrux
Parents of Chibok girls blast Jonathan for failure to Bring back the girls

Started by admin

Views: 1461
Last post January 02, 2015, 09:25:06 PM
by admin
Kinsmen Named Outgoing Nigerian President Jonathan "A prodigal son"