Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: Complete Breakdown of Web Design Cost in Nigeria In 2016  (Read 1352 times)

Offline jchima14

Complete Breakdown of Web Design Cost in Nigeria In 2016
« on: February 24, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »
Web design cost varies a great deal from one designer to the next. In fact it is safe to say there is no universally accepted price for any web design project. However, in this article, I will attempt to give you an idea of what it will cost you to design a functional quality website. The breakdown I give here will be greatly influenced by my own 10-year experience as a web developer and interaction with several other top-notch web designers in Nigeria.

The cost of creating a website can be divided into 3 basic categories. These include, Domain Name, Hosting fee and programmer?s fee. So below is an outline of all the monies you are likely to spend on your next web design project. Also beware that since there is no fixed price, I will stick to price ranges.

Domain name

N3000 ? N5000 per year. This is the price you are most likely to pay for a name that is free and available for registration.

However, you may want a name that is already taken by someone else. For that, you will have to place a backorder for it (that is contracting a domain broker like Godaddy or Namecheap to purchase it for you as soon as it is free). This costs about $69. But if you are buying from another individual, then the price can be a lot higher ? running into thousands of dollars. Generally if you don?t have a specific need for a particular name, just choose an alternative. Personally my normal strategy for getting the names I want is to go for the .com.ng or .ng extension. For example, when I was setting up my news site, I wanted thesummary.com but of course that wasn?t available and I couldn?t change the name of the business, so I simply opted for http://thesummary.com.ng . You too may apply this same strategy.

Web Hosting

web hosting comes in various categories. It could be shared hosting, Virtual Private Server (VPS), cloud hosting or dedicated server. The category you choose depends on the number of visitors that come to the website on monthly basis. If you need just a business website for your company, it is okay to use shared hosting. On the other hand, if your website is going to serve a large audience, it?s safest to go for a VPS or cloud hosting. This type of hosting is recommended for blogs with a lot of visitors monthly or a church or association with a large membership

Shared hosting = $36 - $60 (N9,000 ? N18,000) per year

VPS/cloud hosting ranges from = $360 - $1700 (N108k ? N510k per year)

Dedicated server = $1600 - $4200 (N480k ? N1.26Million) per year

Web Developer's Fee

This is a very important factor that influences web design cost. The programmer?s fee is largely determined by the type of website you want: static, dynamic site (Content Management System), eCommerce.

While I cannot speculate any fixed price that a web programmer will fix, the price of a basic static 5-page website ranges from N25,000 to N50,000. At E-Brand Promotion, static HTML website price if generally pegged at N40,000. And it generally increases if you request for more pages and functionalities.

For a dynamic site, the fee varies so much. While some programmers will take as little as N50k, others may charge as high as N5-10million. It all depends on the type of client, quality and years of experience of the website developer. The uniqueness and functionality of the site also play key role. If you want a unique bespoke website design from scratch, then be prepared to pay a much higher price than the person whose website is designed using a $60 template. I generally advise my clients to opt for templates as it makes the work faster and even 10x cheaper while offering the same or even better functionality than the so called bespoke design.

The programmer?s fee for E-Commerce website is generally the same as it is for a CMS driven dynamic website above. However, what influences the web design cost the most is the extra features you may request as well as the number of products you want to sell on the website. For example, if you want to accept payment online in Nigeria using Interswitch payment gateway, the price of the gateway alone is between N150,000 to N200,000. And this will be built into the programmers fee most times. So when your web developer starts quoting N500k ? N2million, you have idea of what the money will be spent on and why.

Recurrent Annual cost

It is important for you to know that having a website is not a one-time expenditure. This means that for your website to remain online you will have to be paying annual hosting and domain name renewal fee. And it varies a lot from one website to another.

In conclusion your web design expenses revolve around the domain name, cost of hosting, and programmer's fee which is determined by factors such as the type of website you need and the features involved.

Have a question about your web design project? Call an experienced web developer with over 10 years experience and we will help you every step of the way from conceptualizing the idea to design and full implementation.

CALL NOW! +2348105882416, +2348144297674

SOURCE: E-Brand Promotion

Nigeria not under military rule ? OPC vows to resist Senate social media bill

Started by legendguru

Replies: 0
Views: 1571
Last post December 14, 2015, 12:40:41 AM
by legendguru
Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg touched down in Lagos Nigeria

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1533