Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: Headies confirms disappointment over Olamide?s improper conduct on live TV  (Read 1362 times)

Offline yungcrux

• Global Moderator

The organisers of the Annual Music Awards, The Headies, have strongly condemned the ?improper conduct? of rap star, Olamide during the just concluded award ceremony held in Lagos on Saturday.

It could be recalled that Mavin?s Reekado Banks floored his YBLN counterpart, Lil Kesh to pick the Next Rated Artiste Award, a development that angered Olamide who publicly cursed the organisers on stage.

Olamide went berserk while on stage to felicitate with one of his artistes, Adekunle Gold who won the The Headies? Best Alternative Song award.

While on stage, he took microphone from the ?Orente? crooner and expressed his disappointment with the choice of Mavin Records? fresh artiste, Reekado Banks as the winner of the most-coveted Next Rated award, which comes with a grand prize of a brand new Hyundai car, ahead of his YBNL prot?g?, Lil Kesh.

However, in a statement released by the secretariat, Monday, the organisers said while it is not out of place for an artiste or a party to vent their disapproval over the outcomes of the results announced, they frown at those provocative comments and the attendants vandalisation of valuable properties provided for the comfort of artistes and presenters at the venue by the aggrieved artistes.

The statement reads in part: ?We strongly condemn all kinds of improper conduct and the use of profanity on live television. In the same manner, we condemn provocative comments.

?In all, we see no use or reason for a disgruntled artiste or party to destroy valuable properties put in place to give them extra comfort before they perform or come on stage.

?This is totally unacceptable and will be addressed,? the statement added.

Expressing further their disappointment in the statement, the organisers clearly explained: ?We wish to say categorically that we do not tamper with the outcome of the voting process. The limit of our involvement in this voting process is to advice the nominees to engage their fans and solicit for their votes.

?We do not accept any responsibility for failure on the part of the nominees or their record label, when they fail to do this,? the statement read.

Meanwhile, hours after the ugly drama that brought to an inglorious end the awards ceremony, Olamide took to his Instagram handle to issue an apology statement.

?I want to apologise to my fans for my conduct, including swearing on Live TV, at the Headies event some hours ago. I recognise that you all are the most important part of my work and my journey so far, and I would not have come this far without you. Therefore, you deserve better from me. I promised to conduct myself in a more respectable manner in future,? he wrote.

Although Olamide, who won two awards: Best Street Hop and Artiste of the Year, has apologised for his conduct, the organisers said it remained unclear what steps they would take next.

Olamide the Controversial Nigerian Rapper&Don Jazzy make peace,apologise to fans

Started by newspostng

Replies: 0
Views: 1476
Last post January 04, 2016, 11:47:34 PM
by newspostng
Olamide apologises over fight with Don Jazzy during headies, swearing on live TV

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1381
Last post January 02, 2016, 10:04:43 PM
by mastercode