Random Pagan Verse:
Let each High Priest and High Priestess govern their coven with justice and love,
with the help and advice of the other and of the elders of the coven, always heeding the advice of
the Messenger of the Gods if he should arrive. They will heed all the suggestions of their coveners
and strive to settle any differences among them.

Author Topic: Why President Buhari fail to appoint me as Minister ? Femi Falana  (Read 267 times)

Offline legendguru (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
    • View Profile

Renowned human rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana has explained why President Muhammadu Buhari did not appoint him a minister.

Buhari had picked Kayode Fayemi, former Ekiti governor as nominee for the state.

Speaking to The Interview magazine, Falana said: ?I was actually contacted. I was actually invited to come on board. It took me appreciable time to make up my mind.

?Along the way, I was made to understand there were people who were opposed to my appointment for ideological reasons. It is their right to do so.?

?For me, it would have been a call to service, not to make money,? he said.

?Those who believed that I should mobilise people to put in a word for me, or wanted me to speak to somebody I fought on principle several years ago were, of course, disappointed.

?This guy actually headed one of the universities at a time students were killed.

?I had to support the students? cause at that time. You don?t then expect me to go to him and swallow my vomit. This is what I mean by the ideological price.?

Falana said there were also ?certain leaders? of the All Progressives Congress (APC) that opposed his appointment because he was not a member of the party. ?Of course, they are right.

?Certain people wanted me to be opportunistic by offering to backdate a membership card for me. I said, ?no, over my dead body?. I wasn?t looking for a job. I was gainfully employed.?

Obasanjo Blast FG Again, PDP, CNM back Obasanjo’s Buhari is a failure comment

Started by guruslodge

Replies: 0
Views: 316
Last post April 04, 2018, 10:07:14 AM
by guruslodge
"I Will Defeat Buhari In A Free And Fair Presidential Election" - Fayose Vows

Started by legendguru

Views: 496
Last post September 29, 2017, 12:31:02 AM
by legendguru
Buhari Reveals Secret Intention: I have no problem with Muslim-Muslim Ticket

Started by jchima14

Views: 383
Last post October 26, 2014, 02:10:03 PM
by jchima14
Man walking from Lagos to Abuja on Buhari's victory finally arrives Abuja

Started by jchima14

Views: 353
Last post April 21, 2015, 04:05:51 PM
by jchima14
Betting Website Naijabet turns Buhari trip to London to betting Game

Started by Nairaland

Views: 645
Last post August 04, 2017, 01:19:17 AM
by Nairaland
African Union UNECA Chairman Mbeki backs Buhari?s effort to recover stolen funds

Started by yungcrux

Views: 469
Last post September 26, 2015, 03:32:37 AM
by yungcrux
Release of Nnamdi Kanu tops list of conditions Igbo senators gave Buhari to supp

Started by Ereporter

Views: 212
Last post November 12, 2016, 10:44:59 AM
by Ereporter
Nollywood Actor Yomi Fash Lanso Wrote Open letter to Pres. Buhari, reveals Why

Started by Naijaloaded

Views: 6210
Last post July 02, 2018, 12:37:04 AM
by Naijaloaded
Court adjourned legal suit filed to disqualify Buhari till April 22nd

Started by mastercode

Views: 648
Last post March 26, 2015, 06:06:33 PM
by mastercode
Buhari Seeks NASS Approval For N180bn Virement To Fund Shortfalls In 2016 Budget

Started by Ereporter

Views: 154
Last post October 25, 2016, 05:41:53 PM
by Ereporter