Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: US Business Mogul Oprah Winfrey opened up About Her Alleged Secret Son  (Read 1277 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator

About 2 weeks ago, Oprah Winfrey was ambushed outside the Ed Sullivan Theater while recording an episode for ?The Late Show With Stephen Colbert,? by a man claiming to be her ?secret son.?

Now, after several weeks, Winfrey has opened up on her relationship with the so-called ?secret son,? Calvin Mitchell.
According to a recent interview with ?Entertainment Tonight,? the 61-year-old took the young man under her wing more than 20 years ago, after meeting him on the set of a movie she was filming.
?We were shooting in the projects in Chicago and I was sitting on set during a break, and this cute little sparkly-eyed boy came underneath the yellow tape to hand me a soda,? said Winfrey.

?I was so charmed by him that I started talking to him about his family, his school life, and found out that he was in a situation where his mother didn?t have a job and they were stuck in the projects.? she continued.
So naturally, Mitchell?s charms won Winfrey over. She even claims she aided the young man?s mother in finding employment and helped move them out of the projects. Unfortunately, despite her best efforts, Mitchell was unable to make it work at two private schools she paid for.
?I said, ?Calvin, this is the moment,? she recalled.

?This is a seminal moment for you. I know you are 16 and can?t see the road ahead, but if you leave this school and refuse to get an education ? I have tried to offer you an education twice ? there isn?t another school I can put you in. If you leave this school, I am done. There is nothing else I can do.? ? And that was my last conversation with Calvin in the early ?90s.?

And while Winfrey admits she was ?disappointed? in Mitchell for colluding with ?The National Enquirer? to ?set up? the awkward reunion. It was her experience with her ?secret son? that inspired her to open her Leadership Academy for Girls in 2007. ?I learned from that experience,? Winfrey said.

?If you really want to change somebody?s life, you?ve got to be able to spend enough time with them to change the way they think about what their life can be. It isn?t enough to give a person a new life or money or a new car, you have to teach them how to fish themselves.?

Rapper and 2000s hitmaker Ja Rule Wraps Up Harvard Business School

Started by bellanaija

Replies: 0
Views: 4800
Last post February 03, 2021, 12:12:20 PM
by bellanaija
Kim Kardashian get Lecturing role At Harvard Business School

Started by lindaikeji

Views: 4069
Last post January 23, 2023, 03:26:09 PM
by lindaikeji
Bill Cosby Sued For Alleged Sexual Assault At Playboy Mansion

Started by jchima14

Views: 1169
Last post December 03, 2014, 01:14:55 PM
by jchima14
Kardashian, Floyd Mayweather, others Sued for Alleged Involvement in Crypto scam

Started by legendguru

Views: 14422
Last post January 12, 2022, 12:29:04 PM
by legendguru
Rapper Cardi B ex boyfriend Run Over Man & His Young Son In Alleged Gang Dispute

Started by legendguru

Views: 13442
Last post November 27, 2019, 10:40:18 AM
by legendguru