CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Buhari Lament on Herdsmen crisis, Itís dishonest to say Iím enjoying at home  (Read 605 times)

Offline Naijaloaded

• Global Moderator

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said it was dishonest to continue to create the impression that he is enjoying himself at home without doing anything about the recent killings in Benue, Adamawa, Taraba, and Zamfara states.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke while receiving a delegation of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria led by Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari said because he was aware of the enormity of the problems, he was doing his best to get law enforcement agencies to be on the alert.

While condemning the killings, the President said security operatives would ensure prosecution of perpetrators and all those found with illegal arms in the affected areas.

He said, ďThe impression created that I was sitting in an air-conditioned office and home, enjoying myself while these things happened, is dishonest.

ďAt every step, I have tried to foresee these problems because I have the experience as a former military officer who commanded three out of the four divisions of the Nigerian Army in Lagos, Ibadan and Jos.

ďI am quite aware of the problems we have and I am doing my best to get law enforcement agencies to be on alert.Ē

The President explained that the cattle colonies policy proposed by the Federal Government in response to the frequent clashes between herdsmen and farmers in the country is not meant to colonise any part of the country.

He said governmentís intention was to create grazing locations for cattle rearers.

He regretted that the step has now been misconstrued as another form of colonisation.

Buhari regretted that the well-thought out policy of the Federal Government, which was conceived after wide consultations with stakeholders, had been largely misunderstood by a section of the public.

He, however, assured the Catholic Bishops that the Federal Government will continue to explore all opportunities and support initiatives to ensure peace and stability in restive areas.

The President also told his guests that he would not be tired of recounting remarkable progress recorded in the areas of security, economy and the fight against corruption.

Reasons why i must meet with President Obama ?Says President Buhari

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1182
Last post July 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
by mastercode
Buhari, Osinbajo sworn in as New Nigeria President, Vice President

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1386
Last post May 29, 2015, 12:05:19 PM
by mastercode