Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: Boko Haram Seize Mubi, Sack Army Headquarters, Kill Scores  (Read 1432 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator
Boko Haram Seize Mubi, Sack Army Headquarters, Kill Scores
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »

The commercial town of Mubi in Adamawa state and border towns were thrown into a state of panic as several residents of the towns were attacked by rampaging Boko Haram members who also engaged Nigerian troops in a deadly shoot out, residents who fled the area have said.
Many of the soldiers and residents fled to neighbouring local government areas.
There are reports the group has hoisted its flag in the town.

Joshua Chinasa, a resident of Uba town which is about 30 Kilometres away from Mubi, said several people might have been killed during the shooting spree which was still going on at the time of filling this report.
?We are in serious trouble these boys have taken our towns. Some Boko Haram members have taken over Mararraban Mubi and Vintim the home town of Chief of Defense Staff, Alex Badeh, and the Nigerian troops are running for their lives.
?As I am talking to you now, residents are scampering for their lives for fear of imminent attack and uncertainty,? Mr. Chinasa said.
Also corroborating, Lamidi Kery, a female resident and a widow who lost her husband to a similar attack in Mubi, confirmed that people died during the attack.
?The town is deserted now, people have all fled into nearby bushes and hilltops. We have seen soldiers in their vehicles retreating,? she said.
Another source said that the Boko Haram insurgents overran Madagali down to Bazza both in Adamawa State.
?They are having a field day. Even yesterday I sneaked into Michika town to evacuate my aged mother, but surprisingly only insurgents could be heard around, there were no soldiers.?
?Mubi, has now become a shadow of its former self, people in hundreds are scampering for their lives.
?Even here in Maiha, we saw soldiers vehicles zoom-off towards Yola, the state capital,? said a local source in Maiha, another town in Adamawa.
Ahmad Sajor, the spokesperson to former Adamawa State governor, Murtala Nyako, revealed that his daughter was missing after news broke of the advance of the insurgents early Wednesday.
?This morning I got a call from my daughter who is a 200 level student of Adamawa State University, Mubi. She was hysterical. I was in Abuja for a meeting, but her information forced me to head back to Yola immediately,? Mr. Sajoh said.
?According to her, the insurgents were approaching the town which is the second largest in Adamawa State. I ordered her to leave the hostel and join her cousins to escape the town. I called my father who confirmed the story.
?By the time I arrived Yola airport, the town had fallen to the insurgents. My parents are trapped while my daughter and her cousins are missing. We lost contact for the past six hours.
?My colleague Mallam Iliyasu of the Bursary Department Adamawa State University, Mubi who is trapped in the town said by 2pm the Police Barracks in the GRA was overrun by the insurgents, the Prison was blown open while fighting was going on at the army Barracks.
?The IDP camp at Lamorde was thrown into confusion. The new rulers of the town had issued a decree banning all entry and exit to the town. Students who trooped to the motor park are now stranded with most taking refuge in any House that could welcome them.
?The barracks are the least safe locations in the town. So far there are no reported cases of killings or abductions. But fear and apprehension had taken over. No word yet on the incident either by Government or the Military.?
The state governor, Bala Ngillari, has asked the people of the state, particularly those in the affected areas to remain calm saying security agents are on the top of the situation.
?People should remain calm, security agents are on the top of situation,? P.P Elisha, the director Press and Public Affairs to the governor said on behalf of the governor.

Australian negotiator, Davis, sends a message to Boko Harm

Started by ctytravellink

Replies: 0
Views: 1918
Last post September 28, 2014, 05:15:32 AM
by ctytravellink
Nigerian Boko Harm militants kills 42 in Maiduguri

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1562
Last post March 11, 2015, 12:34:16 PM
by mastercode