Random Pagan Verse:
I saw a warrior wounded fatally
By the words of an evil woman
Her cunning tongue caused his death,
Though what she alleged was a lie.

Author Topic: Teenage Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted by Her Smartphone  (Read 294 times)

Offline lindaikeji (OP)

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Date Registered: May 2017
  • Posts: 370
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile

A 14-year-old girl from Lovington, New Mexico died last weekend after her smartphone electrocuted her while taking a bath, as the device was plugged into an outlet.

While it’s not very clear how exactly the whole thing happened, the family of Madison Coe says the teenager was taking a bath and she either attempted to plug in her phone or tried to grab her smartphone that was already connected to the wall charger.

Once she touched the phone, the girl was electrocuted, with a burn mark left on her hand, her grandmother, Donna O'Guinn, told KCBD.

Of course, it goes without saying that the death of the girl wasn’t caused by a faulty device, but by the deadly combination of water and electricity. And because teenagers are very keen on using their phones at all times, the family of the 14-year-old is now trying to raise awareness of the risks of using devices plugged into an outlet in the bathroom.

Raising awareness
The family has launched a campaign on Facebook, calling for everyone to share the message and make more teens aware they shouldn’t be using electronic devices in the bathroom.

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging. It’s overwhelming to realize that there are people that we don’t even know and we’ll probably never even meet that have taken this message and shared it to protect another child or even an adult. We don’t want to lose anybody,” the grandmother explained.

There is no information as to what smartphone the girl was using, but such details are pretty much irrelevant because no phone could have saved her life once she touched the wall charger.

Smartphones are indeed becoming water-resistant and getting IP68 ratings, but this doesn’t mean that you can use them while connected to the charger because water and electricity remain a deadly combination no matter what.


 

 

Google Pixel Alphabet goes all in on top tier smartphone -Read Google Pixel Spec

Started by newspostng

Replies: 0
Views: 414
Last post October 19, 2016, 06:09:48 AM
by newspostng
Nokia Rollout Nokia 2 Android Smartphone with 2-Day Battery Life

Started by newspostng

Replies: 0
Views: 471
Last post November 06, 2017, 07:15:29 AM
by newspostng
iPhone 8 Plus beat iPhone X,named Best-Selling Apple Smartphone in US

Started by punch

Replies: 0
Views: 5370
Last post July 27, 2018, 12:26:50 AM
by punch
BlackBerry Leaked New Android Smartphone 'Venice Slider' on Camera [Photo]

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 797
Last post August 16, 2015, 05:48:57 PM
by internet police
Chinese Tech Company Released 10GB RAM Smartphone , Slams Apple

Started by punch

Replies: 0
Views: 527
Last post January 31, 2018, 12:58:22 AM
by punch
Walmart listed The World Cheapest Android Smartphone Costs Less than $10

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 512
Last post November 17, 2015, 11:32:03 AM
by mastercode
Samsung to Launch Bigger-Screen Galaxy Note 8 Smartphone

Started by Naijaloaded

Replies: 0
Views: 443
Last post July 14, 2017, 06:25:21 AM
by Naijaloaded
Sony Smartphone Explodes, Rips Skin Off Owner’s Hand

Started by naij

Replies: 0
Views: 473
Last post September 06, 2017, 12:32:44 AM
by naij
Apple overtake Samsung in global smartphone sales

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 519
Last post March 04, 2015, 07:30:43 PM
by internet police
Sony Denies Reports of Exiting Smartphone Market

Started by yungcrux

Replies: 0
Views: 493
Last post October 27, 2015, 12:15:52 PM
by yungcrux