Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Chelsea boss Antonio Conte to be rewarded for delivering Premier League  (Read 1351 times)

Offline naij

Antonio Conte has suggested Chelsea should recognise his "real value" as reward for a potential Premier League and FA Cup double in his first season as head coach.

Chelsea will seek to clinch the Premier League title with victory at West Brom on Friday and play Arsenal in the FA Cup final on May 27.

Title-winning bosses are often rewarded with new contracts and Conte may be offered an improved deal, 12 months into the three-year contract he began last summer.

The Italian has this season out-performed Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho, at Manchester City and Manchester United, respectively. Both are rumoured to receive an annual salary in the region of £15million, while Conte's is reportedly £6.5million.

Conte on Thursday declined the opportunity to dismiss rumours of a return to Italy with Inter Milan, insisting his focus is on the present. The sacking of Stefano Pioli has created a vacancy at the San Siro.

"I have two years (remaining under) contract with Chelsea," Conte said.

"It's logical when you start the work in a new club the will is to continue to work, to try to improve your work in many years. For sure, this is my will.

"If, in the future, we decide to extend the contract, we'll decide this.

"The money is important only at this level to give the real value of a player or the coach.

"For me the most important thing now is to win. Then the future is important."

Conte's appointment was announced in April 2016 and he assumed his post last July after leading Italy at Euro 2016.

The 47-year-old has rejuvenated Chelsea, champions under Mourinho in 2015-16 before imploding and finishing 10th last term.

Three points for victory at The Hawthorns would give the Blues an unassailable 10-point lead over second-placed Tottenham and Conte a fourth successive domestic championship after three Serie A wins with Juventus.

"Now the most important thing is to reach our target. The most important thing is to write the history of the club," Conte added.

"It's important now, don't lose the concentration, be focused.

"I think we're doing a really good job, but I want this job to become great and then fantastic.

"We have two big opportunities this season to finish this season in the right way."