Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: How to Increase Website Visitors traffic And SEO using Backlinks from Wikipedia  (Read 2974 times)

Offline yungcrux

• Global Moderator

Years ago getting backlinks from Wikipedia was relatively easy.  You could edit an entry to insert your backlink and there was not very strict oversight from Wikipedia.  Nowadays it is much harder to get your link into Wikipedia unless your site looks very professional, has no ads on it or very minimal ads on it, and your content is extremely relevant to the Wikipedia page’s topic that you are trying to get your link on.  There are also more checks and balances nowadays.  If you are attempting to edit a Wikipedia entry without having an established account at Wikipedia your edit attempt will be more scrutinized.  If you are found attempting to insert something that the Wikipedia team considers spam they could blacklist your IP and/or your URL.

There are people out there who have established Wikipedia accounts who (for a fee) will edit an entry to get your link in there.  An established account should be at least a year old and have at least 1,000 successful edits so if you’re going to pay someone you should check on those two stats.  People who have established accounts have a much easier time editing Wikipedia entries because the reviewers are busy moderating all the revisions from noobs and tend to let the established account edits slide by without a ton of oversight. If you are going to pay a fair rate would be anywhere from $25-100 depending on how hard the Wikipedia page is to get a link on, and if the seller is offering a refund if the link does not stick for at least 30 days.

So however you want to try to get a backlink on Wikipedia that is up to you.  The value of that link is something that a lot of people debate and I’ll give my own opinion which is that I think a link on a relevant Wikipedia page is worth a TON for your site’s SEO.  The links are no-follow which is not ideal for SEO.  But my belief is that Wikipedia passes a ton of rank trust.  A link on Wikipedia is telling Google that your site is an authority on the topic and I believe Google listens.  I see lots of people paying for mass produced backlinks that are crap.  Forum profiles, xrumer forum post blasts, blog comments, etc…   I think these mass produced backlinks are good to point to a second level in a link pyramid, but not to your money site.
Spend your time and/or money getting high quality backlinks to your money site and start with Wikipedia.  A link on Wikipedia is priceless and I think if you are successful you will see movement in the SERPS for your site very soon to follow.

How To Check The Last Time Google Bots crawled and indexed Your webSite

Started by yungcrux

Replies: 0
Views: 1872
Last post July 27, 2016, 06:22:38 AM
by yungcrux
How Google's PageRank Determines a website Search Engine Optimization

Started by punch

Replies: 0
Views: 4192
Last post July 28, 2017, 07:19:43 AM
by punch