Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: Cameroon Won Africa Cup of Nations 2017 title with dramatic win over Egypt  (Read 1343 times)

Offline yungcrux

• Global Moderator

Two second-half goals completed a stunning comeback for Cameroon against overwhelming favorites Egypt. Just as the game seemed to be heading for extra-time, the underdogs scored late on to record a famous victory.

Egypt 1-2 Cameroon
Elneny 22' ; Nkoulou 59', Aboubakar 88'
Cameroon, a team devoid of eight of their best players after they refused call ups to the Nations Cup, produced a modern football fairytale by beating record seven-times champions Egypt 2-1 in the final in Gabon.
The Indomitable Lions achieved the near impossible thanks to a stunning individual goal from Vincent Aboubakar two minutes from time, the bulky striker chesting the ball down, flicking it over a defender and burying a volley into the corner of the net.
Two substitutes, Nicolas Nkoulou and Aboubakar, had turned the game around in the second half after Mohamed Elneny's opener for Egypt midway through the first period. 

It is Cameroon's fifth Nations Cup title and easily the most unexpected. The team and coach Hugo Broos had also been at war with their federation over bonuses during the tournament, nevermind having to cope with missing over half a team.
"It's true that when I came to Cameroon nearly a year ago I found a group of players who were old, not motivated, so I had to change that," Broos told reporters.

"So I brought in some new young players and we started working. We did a good job and now today we have a team. I am very happy that we won the Cup of Nations today and I am happy for the players -- this is not a group of football players, they are a group of friends."

Egypt coach Hector Cuper was gracious in defeat, the latest in a long line in finals for the Argentine.
"Cameroon deserved to win. I have deep sorrow for my players but it was too much for them, they were too tired. For myself, losing another final, I don't want to say I'm getting used to it," Cuper said.

Cameroon upset the odds when they overcame Ghana in the semifinals and the team demonstrated their irrepressible spirit again by dancing and singing their way into the stadium on their arrival for the final in Libreville.
The fans of the Indomitable Lions, who vastly outnumbered a small pocket of Pharaohs supporters, showed their teeth by booing the names of the Egypt players as they were read out.

FIFA rankings: Super Eagles drops As Nigeria Super Falcons remain Africa?s best

Started by admin

Replies: 0
Views: 1524
Last post December 21, 2014, 06:07:26 PM
by admin
Basketball -Nigerian D?Tigress beat Angola to reach final All africa games final

Started by admin

Views: 1524
Last post September 18, 2015, 11:33:17 AM
by admin
AFCON 2019 quarter finals - Nigeria slug it out with South Africa today at 8pm

Started by newspostng

Views: 15331
Last post July 10, 2019, 01:20:49 AM
by newspostng
AFCON South Africa vows to stop super eagles of Nigeria

Started by admin

Views: 1542
Last post November 17, 2014, 01:12:56 PM
by admin
World Cup- Argentina Sent Nigeria to Book Next Flight to Africa, Odemwinge react

Started by bellanaija

Views: 1875
Last post June 27, 2018, 04:05:29 AM
by bellanaija