Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Nigerian Army Nabbed 37 Boko Haram suspects in Lagos  (Read 1348 times)

Offline newspostng

• Global Moderator
Nigerian Army Nabbed 37 Boko Haram suspects in Lagos
« on: November 18, 2016, 12:52:42 AM »
The Nigerian Army (NA) on Thursday said it has arrested 37 Boko Haram suspects in the past 15 months in Lagos area.

Outgone General Officer Commanding (GOC) 81 Division, Maj.-Gen. Isidore Edet stated this yesterday at the command’s headquarters in Lagos.

Edet, who was redeployed as Commander, Infantry Corps, Jaji in Kaduna, handed over the flagship of 81 Division to Maj.Gen. Ebenezer Oyefolu, the new GOC.

Addressing reporters after the event, Edet said his most challenging periodarmy personnel were kidnapped by militants at Ijedodo.

He said: “As Boko Haram is being defeated in the northeast, the terrorists run to other parts of the country. We ensure they are arrested irrespective of where they run to. Lagos is not an exception, we have continued to arrest them and hand them over to the necessary agency. We have arrested over 37 of them from August last year when I took over to this month.

“My most challenging moment here was when three of my intelligence operators on surveillance at Ijedodo were abducted by the militants and I had to work round the clock to ensure their rescue.

“Tackling the challenges posed by the militants wasn’t so challenging because we had to work cooperatively and collaboratively to rout the vandals in Arepo axis. For the Festac axis, the work is still on.

“Commanding 81 Division for me, was an honour. It is the dream of every Infantry officer to rise to command a division. It was an honour I didn’t take for granted. So, I would miss the cooperation and good working relations I had with my personnel.”

In his remark, Oyefolu said he would try to maintain the peace his met on ground, pledging to provide good leadership and professionalism.

He also said the army would as much as possible, support the police to contain activities of militancy and other armed crimes.
-----er armed crimes.

Nigerian PDP Slams INEC , 2019: We have lost confidence in INEC

Started by yungcrux

Replies: 0
Views: 1888
Last post February 21, 2018, 01:43:43 AM
by yungcrux
Customs boss, Hameed Ali vows to shun Nigerian senate invitation, Senate angry

Started by Postmaster

Views: 2164
Last post March 22, 2017, 03:56:17 AM
by Postmaster
President Obama Invites Nigerian President Buhari To White House

Started by admin

Views: 2023
Last post June 26, 2015, 09:17:55 AM
by admin
Buhari's first Nigerian President to stay at U.S President?s oficial guest house

Started by mastercode

Views: 1976
Last post July 20, 2015, 03:08:14 PM
by mastercode
Nigerian FG officially removed fuel subsidy, fuel will now sell for 145 naira

Started by admin

Views: 1657
Last post May 12, 2016, 06:14:32 PM
by admin