Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: See 4 people who have refused Buhari’s nominations and why  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Ereporter

See 4 people who have refused Buhari’s nominations and why
« on: October 26, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »

This seems to be the season of nomination refusals, which is quite strange. President Buhari has had his nominations refused three times recently.

Here are the three people that refused his nominations and their reasons for doing so:

1. Usman Bugaje

We will first consider the case of Usman Bugaje. Honourable Dr Usman Bugaje is a graduate of pharmacy from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. He graduated in 1975.

He later did an MA in African Studies and a PhD in Intellectual History, both at the Institute of African and Asian Studies, University of Khartoum, Sudan.

He is a writer on national and international issues, and has published in both academic and non-academic journals and other media.

Dr Bugaje was conferred the honorary title of commander of the order of civil Merit and commander of the order of independent Equatorial Guinea by the president of republic of equatorial Guinea on 26th March, 2002.

He rejected President Buhari’s ambassadorial nomination, and he was convinced not to mention his decision to the media.

2. Dame Pauline Tallen

Dame Pauline Tallen is the former deputy governor of Plateau state. She is also a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) board of trustees.

She turned down the offer for nomination for ambassadorial appointment to attend to her ailing husband.

Tallen said she appreciated the president for counting her worthy to serve Nigeria in the capacity of an ambassador, however, she has to let go to attend to her ailing husband.

According to her, she would not be able to leave her husband who has been sick for sometime now, in the hands of others to look after him, for the sake of the appointment. “It is a hard decision I had to take but I have to, because he is my primary responsibility,” she said.

3. Professor Akintunde Akinwande

Professor Akintunde Ibitayo Akinwande is a Nigerian American engineering professor at the electrical engineering and computer science department of Massachusetts institute of technology.

Akinwande commenced work as a scientist at Honeywell Inc. Technology Center in Bloomington, Minnesota in 1986, initially researching on Gas Complementary FET technology for very high speed and low power signal processing.

Professor Akinwande rejected an offer by the president to serve in the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) as chairman.

According to the Nation, Akinwande turned down the offer based on the alleged fact that he was not consulted before the nomination was made.

4. Najatu Muhammad

Naja’atu Bala Muhammad, is the first woman to win a Senate seat in Central Kano for the Kano senatorial seat in central district and the first to serve as president of the National Students (Student Union for president in Nigeria).

She was born in 1956, in the neighborhood sycamore tree Can, the central city of Kano. The federal government on Saturday, February 13, 2015, appointed Muhammad as the chairperson of the governing board of the Dutse federal university through a paid advertorial on a national daily.

“Sir, I Najatu Muhammad wishes (wish) to thank you so much for considering me worthy of being appointed the chairperson of Dutse Federal University.

“It’s however unfortunate that I was not consulted before the announcement in the media. I also regret that I have to use the same medium to announce that I can’t accept the appointment for personal reasons.”

Source: http://nignews.com.ng/see-4-people-who-have-refused-buharis-nominations-and-why/

Reasons why i must meet with President Obama ?Says President Buhari

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2128
Last post July 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
by mastercode
Buhari, Osinbajo sworn in as New Nigeria President, Vice President

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2395
Last post May 29, 2015, 12:05:19 PM
by mastercode