Author Topic: Donald Trump Complains of 'Rigged' Election  (Read 103 times)

Offline legendguru

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Donald Trump Complains of 'Rigged' Election
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:11:10 AM »

Roughly three weeks before Americans go to the polls, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is telling supporters that the election is “rigged” against him.

“The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary - but also at many polling places – SAD,” Trump posted on Twitter Sunday.

The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary - but also at many polling places - SAD

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 16, 2016

Should Trump lose to Democrat Hillary Clinton on November 8, it remains to be seen whether he would concede or claim that the election was stolen from him.

If he refuses to deliver a concession speech, Trump would break with a time-honored tradition in American politics.

“I have just called President Obama to congratulate him on his victory,” said 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney on election night four years ago.

Even in 2000, after the most hotly-contested election result in modern U.S. history, Democrat Al Gore conceded to Republican George W. Bush once the Supreme Court halted vote recounts in Florida, handing Bush a miniscule margin of victory.

“I spoke with George W. Bush and congratulated him on becoming the 43rd president of the United States,” Gore said in nationally-televised remarks. “I accept it.”

As is also customary, Gore called for national unity after a hard-fought and bruising campaign.

“I also accept my responsibility,” Gore said, “to honor the new president-elect and do everything possible to help him bring Americans together in fulfillment of the great vision that our Declaration of Independence defines and that our Constitution affirms and defends.”

2015 Election: Thugs destroy David Mark?s campaign posters in Otukpo [PHOTOS]

Started by jchima14

Replies: 0
Views: 220
Last post November 09, 2014, 10:20:19 PM
by jchima14
Nigeria 2015 election:Hoodlums snatch over 14000 permanent voters card in Rivers

Started by mastercode

Views: 809
Last post January 31, 2015, 05:41:27 PM
by mastercode
Ondo Election: Fani-Kayode congratulates Jegede – “Shame on Ibrahim, Modu Sherif

Started by Ereporter

Views: 122
Last post November 23, 2016, 07:27:30 PM
by Ereporter
INEC boss prof Jega condemns deployment of hooded security men for election

Started by mastercode

Views: 260
Last post August 21, 2014, 11:03:09 AM
by mastercode
2015 Election: Fulani Cattle Breeders to mobilize 23 million votes for Jonathan