Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Meet archbishop Desmond Tutu who wants to commit suicide (photos)  (Read 993 times)

Offline Ereporter

Anti-apartheid campaigner and Nobel peace prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu, has revealed he wants to die by assisted suicide when the time is right.

The South African archbishop of the Anglican church who recently celebrated his 85th birthday, said that people should be allowed to have the right to end their own lives. Tutu revealed that he has already put things in place, that will enable him end his life on his own terms when the time is right.
South African retired Anglican archbishop and anti-apartheid icon Desmond Tutu (L) celebrates a mass with Dean Michael Weeder to mark his 85th birthdayThe popular icon who won the Nobel peace prize in 1984, said he doesn’t wish to be kept alive by his loved ones when he is really old and frail. He said he would like to be allowed to pass on, in the most comfortable way possible.

In an article published on Washington post, he said:

“Just as I have argued firmly for compassion and fairness in life, I believe that terminally ill people should be treated with the same compassion and fairness when it comes to their deaths. Terminally ill people have control over their lives, so why should they be refused control over their deaths? Why are so many instead forced to endure terrible pain and suffering against their wishes. Regardless of what you might choose for yourself, why should you deny others the right to make this choice?
For those suffering unbearably and coming to the end of their lives, merely knowing that an assisted death is open to them can provide immeasurable comfort. I have prepared for my death and have made it clear that I do not wish to be kept alive at all costs. I hope I am treated with compassion and allowed to pass on to the next phase of life’s journey in the manner of my choice.

In refusing dying people the right to die with dignity, we fail to demonstrate the compassion that lies at the heart of Christian values. I pray that politicians, lawmakers and religious leaders have the courage to support the choices terminally ill citizens make in departing Mother Earth. The time to act is now. I myself am even closer to the departures hall than arrivals, so to speak, and my thoughts turn to how I would like to be treated when the time comes.”

Source: http://nigerianewsonline.com.ng/2589-2/

Shocking! Video shows how two girls tried to rape a guy (Photos/Video)

Started by Ereporter

Replies: 0
Views: 1367
Last post October 03, 2016, 07:15:11 PM
by Ereporter
Graphic photos: Body of newborn baby found dumped in Newly Built railway station

Started by Ereporter

Views: 1537
Last post October 12, 2016, 08:46:17 PM
by Ereporter
2015 Election: Thugs destroy David Mark?s campaign posters in Otukpo [PHOTOS]

Started by jchima14

Views: 1676
Last post November 09, 2014, 10:20:19 PM
by jchima14
[PHOTOS] 9ice Makes Grand Entry As He Rode A horse To Submit APC Nomination Form

Started by jchima14

Views: 1415
Last post November 25, 2014, 11:49:23 PM
by jchima14
Man Burns 8-Year-Old Stepson’s Hand For Stealing N200 In Rivers State (Photos)

Started by Ereporter

Views: 1255
Last post October 04, 2016, 01:44:11 PM
by Ereporter