1. No fewer than 25 persons have been arrested in connection with the early Sunday morning attack on a police station in Igumale area of Benue State.
The suspects are currently being interrogated at the Benue State police command.
2. A former chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Ondo State, Hon. Bola Ilori has claimed that his decision to decamp to the Alliance for Democracy was influenced by the National leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
He said Tinubu instructed him and others to join the AD because of the way they were treated during the governorship primary election in the state.
3. The Senator representing the People of Delta Central Senatorial
District at the National Assembly, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege has called on militants in the Niger Delta Region to stop all bombing of oil installations in the area.
The legislator said bombing of oil facilities will never bring to an end the problems facing the community
4. The police in the Federal Capital Territory have arrested six persons believed to have championed the abduction of the wife of the Central Bank Governor, Margaret Emefiele, last Thursday.
The suspects, who were picked up at their hideout in Edo State over the weekend, are currently being held at the state command headquarters, Benin City.
5. A British has successfully discovered the total cure for HIV using a new therapy designed by a team of scientists from five United Kingdom universities.
The unnamed 44-year-old is the first of 50 people to complete a trial of the ambitious treatment, designed by scientists and doctors from five of Britainís leading universities.
6. Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, has fixed the price of kerosene at N150 per litre.
The Group Managing Director of NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru, who made the announcement during the weekend called on petroleum marketers not to sell the commodity above the price.
7. The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has denied tagging respected men of God, Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God and his Living Faith counterpart, David Oyedepo as fake.
The monarch said be was misquoted in the media as saying that the two clerics donít have the true calling of God.
8. The Senior Economic Adviser of the Africa Economic Development Policy Initiative and the initiator of Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) project, Dr Oby Ezekwesili, has strongly warned the FG not the sell Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG).
She said any attempt to put them up for sale will worsen the current pains in the country.
9. The Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), has blasted Justice Ibrahim Buba of the Federal High Court for granting a perpetual injunction to a former Governor of Rivers State, Chief Peter Odili, which has scuttled the ex-governorís prosecution.
Sagay further stated that the case could be reopened, adding that measures were being put in place to ensure that such an order was never granted again.
10. Former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu has stated that the slow pace of President Muhammad Buhariís leadership style has shown that he is on course.
Tinubu said the Buhari of today is quiet different from the Buhari of 1974 as a military man.
Source: You are not allowed to view links.