Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Buhari-I'm joining presidential race to tackle insecurity, corruption  (Read 1461 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator

Former Head of State and presidential aspirant under the banner of All Progressives Congress(APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has explained that, his intention to take another slot at the nation?s presidency come 2015 despite his old age was effectively tackle the problem of insecurity and also prudently manage the nation?s resources to the best advantage of the poor and the rich.

He therefore called on the people of the country to join hands with the APC so as to bring new change into the economic and political development of the country come 2015.

Gen. Buhari disclosed this in Ilorin in an interview with journalists yesterday shortly after he held indoor consultations on his 2015 presidential ambition with the state governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed at Government House, Ilorin.

According to him,?it is disheartening that the nation?s economy is not being properly managed, I have the track record with Nigerians.I will manage the economy and prudently manage our resources to the best advantage of the poor and the rich?

Continuing,he said ? I am sure you know what happened and what has been happening. I believe what Nigerians needs now is to be secured and efficiently managed?.

On his desire to take the nation?s presidency slot again, Gen. Buhari said,

?I contested three times, I lost three times and I ended up in Supreme Court three times?,stressing that,?We thank God the constitution did not limit how many times you can contest once you are eighteen and above.?

?I have done it before in a different system and from 1999 till now, I am sure you know what happened and what has been happening. I believe what Nigerians needs now is to be secured and efficiently managed.

?This is the APC stand and I will like to use the opportunity through my party, through the system to secure and efficiently manage Nigeria.

?Of course, it is not being managed. It is up to the party and it is up to the people?.
On the consensus arrangement being planned by the leadership of APC during the forthcoming presidential primary, Gen. Buhari said, ?We want a fair playing ground for everybody, let Nigerians be given the impression and let them believe that they do matter?.

?All these efforts to salvage them is for them and the country but if there is consensus agreement, it is well and good. It would safe time and resources but if people insist in making sure that all those that wanted to lead should present themselves and let the people decide,m it is all well and good. The system allows it?.

On the withdrawal of former governor of Kwara state and senator representing Kwara central senatorial district at the national assembly, Senator Bukola Saraki from APC presidential primary, Gen. Buhari said, ?I read it in the newspapers, I didn?t beg him to leave it for me but it is his own decision?.

?He(Saraki) has been a governor. He knows the politics of the country, his father works extremely hard and virtually established a dynasty voluntarily supported by people of this state?.

Reasons why i must meet with President Obama ?Says President Buhari

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2136
Last post July 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
by mastercode
Buhari, Osinbajo sworn in as New Nigeria President, Vice President

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2402
Last post May 29, 2015, 12:05:19 PM
by mastercode