Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Author Topic: Another Samsung Galaxy S7 Catches Fire in Busy Coffee Shop in Witham, Essex  (Read 343 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline legendguru

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 485
    • View Profile

Almost two weeks ago, Samsung announced its intention to recall over 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 smartphones after some batteries reportedly caught fire while charging. But it seems that Galaxy Note 7 is not the only Samsung flagship that has issues with overheating batteries.
The Sun reported that a Samsung Galaxy S7 caught fire in a public place in Witham, Essex. The smartphone's owner Sarah Crockett and her husband Matt were in a busy coffee shop when the phone suddenly flared up.

The device was purchased three months ago and, surprisingly, it wasn't charging when the incident occurred. Seventy cases of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones bursting into flames were reported in the US, and in many of these incidents, the smartphones were charging when they suddenly caught fire. The Galaxy S7 in question started overheating and then smoke gradually came out of the device.

The owner won't be able to recover data stored on the device
The coffee shop filled with smoke and the device's owner jumped out of her seat and got away from the phone. Unfortunately, she won't be able to recover any data on the smartphone, photos of her 4-year-old son's first day of school are lost. She has contacted Samsung's customer care department.

A representative from the device maker stated that “There are no known safety issues with Galaxy S7 devices. This issue is currently being investigated and our customer services team is in contact with the customer regarding the matter”. It's definitely good that Samsung stepped in and is handling the matter, but it's quite worrisome that such reports continue to surface and involve company flagships other than the recalled Galaxy Note 7.

Just a few days ago, a Galaxy S7 edge device exploded in the pocket of its owner, causing him second and third-degree burns. In fact, the owner sued Samsung and will be taking the whole matter to court. Another case was reported at the start of the month, when a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge caught fire while charging and, fortunately, it didn't cause any harm to its owner.

So in the end, it seems that Samsung may have to deal with faulty batteries on other smartphones as well, not just the Galaxy Note 7.


Samsung Patnered with Apple to supply OLED displays for future iPhones

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 441
Last post November 14, 2015, 07:13:21 PM
by internet police
Apple overtake Samsung in global smartphone sales

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 301
Last post March 04, 2015, 07:30:43 PM
by internet police
Samsung looks more like Apple with its new S7 phone -Read 7 Distinguish features

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 189
Last post February 25, 2016, 06:35:32 AM
by internet police
Samsung to Launch“Smart Glow” as a Notification LED Alternative

Started by legendguru

Replies: 0
Views: 465
Last post June 17, 2016, 12:44:08 AM
by legendguru
Samsung Reportedly Recalls 2.5 Million Phones Over Fire Risk

Started by yungcrux

Replies: 0
Views: 123
Last post September 12, 2016, 11:49:51 AM
by yungcrux