Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: Buhari lambasts Nigerians, says change isn’t about economic progress  (Read 1198 times)

Offline jchima14

President Muhammadu Buhari has said that before Nigerians demand to see the changes he promised them during the 2015 election, they must first change their own attitude by shunning corruption and other social vices. He adds that change is not about economic or social progress, but it is in terms of citizens’ personal behaviour. Buhari said this while delivering a speech at the inauguration of the national re-orientation campaign tagged, ‘Change Begins With Me’ in Abuja on Thursday.

The President acknowledged that Nigeria is currently passing through a challenging period where hardly anything works normally. He lamented that honesty, hard work and godliness had given way to all kinds of manifestations of lawlessness and degeneration in our national life. Buhari said, “Our citizens must realise that the change they want to see begins with them, and that personal and social reforms are not a theoretic exercise. If you have not seen the change in you, you cannot see it in others or even the larger society. In other words, before you ask ‘Where is the change they promised us?’, you must first ask, ‘How far have I changed my ways? What have I done to be part of the change for the greater good of society?" The President said his government had done well in the fight against corruption, adding that the fresh campaign was a way of getting Nigerians to join in the struggle.  Buhari said the disintegration of social values encouraged impunity and corruption in the public sector which ultimately led to the current economic recession.

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/8140-buhari-lambasts-nigerians-says-change-isn-t-about-economic-progress

Buhari urged to constitute committee to implement National Conference report

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 1674
Last post November 04, 2015, 11:29:22 PM
by internet police
Group task President Buhari ro Declare Fulani herdsmen terrorists

Started by newspostng

Views: 1914
Last post March 30, 2016, 08:38:25 PM
by newspostng
Buhari Congratulates Obaseki For Winning Edo Governorship Polls Four Days Prior

Started by jchima14

Views: 1290
Last post September 06, 2016, 06:55:16 PM
by jchima14
20 soldiers died so far – Avengers send strong message to President Buhari

Started by jchima14

Views: 1530
Last post September 08, 2016, 08:17:03 PM
by jchima14
Unbelievable! Governor Nasir El-Rufai attacks President Buhari (VIDEO)

Started by jchima14

Views: 1351
Last post September 15, 2016, 03:16:54 PM
by jchima14