Twitter says it will consider accounts of users “in music, acting,
fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports,
business, and other key interest areas” or brands within the same
areas. If you fall into that category, you will need to have a verified
phone number, a confirmed email address, a bio, a profile photo,
a website and a birthday set. Of course, your account must be
Applicants will need to explain why they believe they are
sufficiently worthy of verification and, Twitter says, may be
required to show a copy of government-issued ID to confirm their
If you application gets declined, you can re-apply for the same
account in thirty days.
When you realize the verification process isn’t “so” tasking.
So, if you are that keen on having the blue tick, you can start
applying today. Just submit a request by going to You are not allowed to view links.
, and Twitter
will respond via email.
Here are some of the requirements according to Twitter.
Submitting a request
To be able to complete the form, your account must have the
• A verified phone number
• A confirmed email address
• A bio
• A profile photo
• A header photo
• A birthday (for accounts that are not company, brand, or
• A website
• Tweets set as public in Tweet privacy settings
Profile and account recommendations
Some common characteristics of verified accounts include:
• If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or
stage name of the person.
• If the account is a corporation or company account, the name
reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
• The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the
corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
• If the account is a corporate or company account, the email
address associated with the account is a corporate or company
When submitting a request to verify an account, we ask for
additional information that can help us evaluate it. Here are some
tips to keep in mind:
• We’ll ask you to tell us why we should verify an account. If the
account represents a person, we want to understand their
impact in their field. If it represents a corporation or company,
let us know their mission.
• When providing URLs to support your request, choose sites that
help express the account holder’s newsworthiness or relevancy
in their field.
• We may request that you scan and upload a legible copy of your
government-issued ID (such as a passport or driver’s license)
to confirm your identity.