Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.


Random Pagan Verse:
Bandy no speech with a bad man:
Often the better is beaten
In a word fight by the worse.

Author Topic: President Buhari breaks promise of releasing list of looters again  (Read 314 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline newspostng (OP)

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
  • Posts: 957
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Loading...

For the second time in a few days, President Muhammadu Buhari has broken his  promise of publishing details of recovered loot and culpable individuals as he promised he would during his nationwide broadcast on May 29.

Thursday’s failure made it the second time Mr. Buhari would renege on a promise he boldly made to Nigerians.


 NigerianEye also learnt that the Special Assistant to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Shehu Garba, last Sunday May 29th, released this statement (above) on his Facebook wall, stating that the Minister of Information will release a composed list of recovered loots from corrupt Nigerians latest Thursday, June 2nd.

NigerianEye recalls that Mr. Buhari had on May 14 said in London that he would personally provide specific details of all recovered stolen public funds when he addressed Nigerians on Democracy Day and his first year in office, adding that he believed that what Nigerians were being fed through the media were not detailed enough.

“So far, what has come out, what has been recovered in whatever currency from each ministries, departments and individuals, I intend on the 29th to speak on this because all Nigerians are getting from the mass media because of the number of people arrested either by the EFCC, DSS. But we want to make a comprehensive report on the 29th,” Mr. Buhari said while attending the anti-corruption summit in London.

But during his nationwide broadcast on Sunday morning, the president only repeated familiar claims that his administration was grappling with bureaucratic hurdles that made it difficult for stolen assets to be recovered from foreign jurisdictions.

“We are also engaged in making recoveries of stolen assets some of which are in different jurisdictions. The processes of recovery can be tedious and time consuming, but today I can confirm that thus far: significant amount of assets have been recovered. A considerable portion of these are at different stages of recovery.”

Mr. Buhari, however, said he had directed the Ministry of Information to commence publication of the details, which had remained secret despite frequent claims by his government that billions of dollars had been recovered from corrupt former top government officials.

“Full details of the status and categories of the assets will now be published by the Ministry of Information and updated periodically. When forfeiture formalities are completed these monies will be credited to the treasury and be openly and transparently used in funding developmental projects and the public will be informed,” Mr. Buhari said.

Later on Sunday evening, Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information, told Nigerians that the details would be published before the end of this week.

“We will get the list but not today; before the end of the week. But I must say not with the names,” Mr. Mohammed told a live audience on Channels Television.

Mr. Mohammed’s position was reaffirmed a moment later by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, who wrote on his Twitter page that “The minister should be ready with this (details of recovered assets) when work resumes, possibly Wednesday or Thursday.”

But as at 10:20 p.m. on Thursday, when NigerianEye published this report, millions of Nigerians were still expecting the promise to be fulfilled.


 

 

Obasanjo Blast FG Again, PDP, CNM back Obasanjo’s Buhari is a failure comment

Started by guruslodge

Replies: 0
Views: 465
Last post April 04, 2018, 10:07:14 AM
by guruslodge
Buhari warns Incoming Ministers'dont use Long Convoys,dont Appoint Excess Aides

Started by admin

Replies: 0
Views: 448
Last post November 07, 2015, 12:44:21 PM
by admin
"I Will Defeat Buhari In A Free And Fair Presidential Election" - Fayose Vows

Started by legendguru

Replies: 0
Views: 683
Last post September 29, 2017, 12:31:02 AM
by legendguru
Buhari Reveals Secret Intention: I have no problem with Muslim-Muslim Ticket

Started by jchima14

Replies: 0
Views: 571
Last post October 26, 2014, 02:10:03 PM
by jchima14
Man walking from Lagos to Abuja on Buhari's victory finally arrives Abuja

Started by jchima14

Replies: 0
Views: 508
Last post April 21, 2015, 04:05:51 PM
by jchima14
Buhari talks free, fair election ahead of next year's election

Started by legendguru

Replies: 0
Views: 16163
Last post September 03, 2018, 12:33:42 AM
by legendguru
Betting Website Naijabet turns Buhari trip to London to betting Game

Started by Nairaland

Replies: 0
Views: 737
Last post August 04, 2017, 01:19:17 AM
by Nairaland
African Union UNECA Chairman Mbeki backs Buhari?s effort to recover stolen funds

Started by yungcrux

Replies: 0
Views: 588
Last post September 26, 2015, 03:32:37 AM
by yungcrux
Nollywood Actor Yomi Fash Lanso Wrote Open letter to Pres. Buhari, reveals Why

Started by Naijaloaded

Replies: 0
Views: 6322
Last post July 02, 2018, 12:37:04 AM
by Naijaloaded
Court adjourned legal suit filed to disqualify Buhari till April 22nd

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 739
Last post March 26, 2015, 06:06:33 PM
by mastercode