Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Microsoft bombard Android Notification Center with Office Ads  (Read 1323 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator

A weird thing has happened recently to an Android user who runs several Microsoft apps on his Nexus 6P: ads for Office apps, including Word and Excel, have started showing up on his device right in the notification center.
Thom Holwerda of OSNews has written this week that Microsoft Office for Android put notifications right into the notification tray even though he’s actually an active user of the productivity suite. And what’s even more awkward is that he’s a paying customer, as he purchased an Office 365 subscription because he needs a powerful solution to manage documents on his Android device.

So it was a little bit surprising to see that Word for Android started showing an advertisement for Excel in the notification center, a thing that is not allowed, according to Google Play Store rules.

“First, why is Microsoft sending me an advertisement in my notification tray? Second, why is Word sending me an advertisement for Excel? Third, why is this allowed by Google, even though the Play Store rules prohibit it? Fourth A, why is Microsoft sending me advertisements for products I already have installed? Fourth B, why is Microsoft sending me advertisements for products I already use? Fourth C, why is Microsoft sending me advertisements for products I already pay for because I have an Office 365 subscription?” he wrote.

Microsoft: Okay, we’ll stop
And he certainly has a point here. Leaving aside the fact that displaying ads in the notification center is not in any way accepted, seeing the company promoting products that users already have makes absolutely no sense. Intrusive ads shouldn’t be permitted, and the fact that they’re useless makes the thing even worse.

And it appears that Microsoft fully agrees with this, as in a recent statement for BetaNews, the company has actually acknowledged the problem and promised to fix it. In other words, it’ll stop showing ads in the Android notification center starting with a future update.

“Microsoft is deeply committed to ensuring that we maintain the best possible experience for our customers in addition to complying with all applicable policies. We have taken the action to turn off these notifications. This update will be reflected in the coming days,” the company has said.

Microsoft is betting big on rival mobile platforms, and this week, Windows boss Terry Myerson explained that the company would continue to invest in apps and services available on iOS and Android. But turning to this kind of strategy to boost adoption of rival platforms isn’t certainly the right thing to do.

Gmail Update "Inbox by Gmail android app" with New Snooze Options

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 2205
Last post July 17, 2015, 03:03:18 PM
by internet police
Nokia unveiled nokia C02 with Android 12

Started by punch

Replies: 0
Views: 6358
Last post February 24, 2023, 12:43:39 AM
by punch