Signup Procedures for A Nigerian IP Based Paypal Account
Here is a beginners guide to signing up a paypal account from Nigeria.
1. Visit Paypal Nigerian homepage via You are not allowed to view links.
and click on Signup at the top right corner of the page.
2. Click on ?Open Account? under the ?individual? section for a personal account.
3. Fill in all details and click on ?Agree and Create Account?.
Getting Verified Using GT Bank?s Naira MasterCard
Without verifying your paypal account, you would be placed at a $250 limit. Verifying your paypal account lets you spend as much as you will.
4. A new page would come up with a form to log in your Card details. I used my GT Bank?s Naira MasterCard to verify mine.
5. You?ll be redirected to your account?s dashboard. But there are few things you still need to do. Firstly, you have to activate your paypal account by clicking the activation link sent to the mail you registered the account with. Secondly, you need to link and confirm your credit or debit card. Click on ?Link and confirm credit or debit card? or ?Get Verified? link in your account?s dashboard, insert your GTB Mastercard details here again, then click on ?Continue?. You can make use of any Nigerian bank?s Visa or MasterCard.
6. Paypal would deduct $1.95 from your card which they?ll refund in 24hrs. Now, your bank will alert you via SMS or email with a code which you?ll use in completing the whole verification process.
Your bank?s SMS alert should read.
The Naira equibvalent of USD1.95 has been authorized for the transaction done on PP*0123CODE 08823456789FF
What you need do is copy the 4 digits before CODE (highlighted in red) from your mail or SMS alert. That?s what you need to confirm your card.
7. You now have to login once more to your Nigerian Paypal account and click on ?Confirm Card? link which should appear on the right sidebar of your dashboard. Then type in the four-digits you copied from your bank alert and click on ?Confirm Card? as shown below.
verify your card
8. You?ll get a success popup if everything was fine and successful.
Remember, I made use of my GTBank MasterCard here and it did work for me.
if you use other banks,confirm with your bank to ensure the card issued and given to you can be used to verify yours. Paypal Accounts FAQ for Nigerian Based
Ques: Does Paypal only support the GTB Naira MasterCard In Nigeria?
Ans: No, people also making use of UBA, Zenith, Access and some others bank?s credit cards have been verified using same procedures in this tutorial.
Ques: What Credit Card Types are accepted by Paypal?
Ans: Paypal supports Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Debit or Credit Cards
Ques: How Do I Fund My Nigerian Paypal account to make online purchases?
Ans: You don?t have to worry about funding your paypal, whenever you make an online purchase, your linked credit/debit card would be charged.
Ques: Can I add more than 1 Debit/Credit Card to my Paypal account?
Ques: Can I purchase services from sites like Fiverr, Addynamo, Amazon with a Nigerian Paypal?
Ans: Yes, it works on all sites that accept Paypal payments.
Ques: Can I make Transfers to other Paypal Accounts?
Ans: No, for now Paypal has not enabled peer-to-peer transactions in Nigeria.
Ques: Do I need a token device before I can get Verified?
Ans: No, that isn?t necessary
Ques: Can I add My Bank Account to Nigerian Paypal like I did in my US Paypal?
Ans: No, PayPal doesn?t offer this feature at this time for Nigerians.
Share your thoughts using the comment section below, also share this post with your friends.