Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: London Mayor Rejects Trump's Proposed Muslim ban  (Read 2050 times)

Offline newspostng

• Global Moderator
London Mayor Rejects Trump's Proposed Muslim ban
« on: May 11, 2016, 03:35:51 AM »
London's new mayor, Sadiq Khan, has rejected U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump's suggestion that Khan could be an exception to Trump's proposed ban on Muslims.

“...Trump's ignorant view of Islam could make both our countries less safe. It risks alienating mainstream Muslims...” Khan wrote on his Twitter account.

“This isn’t just about me. It’s about my friends, my family and everyone who comes from a background similar to mine, anywhere in the world,” Khan said, who become London's first Muslim mayor Sunday.

The presumptive Republican nominee for U.S. president said that Khan could be an exception to his proposed temporary ban on Muslims entering the U.S.

On Monday, Trump told the New York Times that “there will always be exceptions,” after being asked how his proposal to ban Muslims would affect people like Khan.

Khan said Trump's policy directly affects those closest to him and added giving him special treatment is not the answer.

“I was happy to see that. I think it’s a very good thing, and I hope he does a very good job because frankly that would be very, very good,” Trump told the New York Times, in reaction to Khan's election.

I think if he does a great job, it will really — you lead by example, always lead by example. If he does a good job, and frankly if he does a great job, that would be a terrific thing,” Trump added.

The U.S. election season has been filled with controversial comments directed at Muslims. Trump has called for a ban on Muslims entering the U.S. and also said he would consider shutting down some U.S. mosques.

Khan, of Britain's Labour Party, became the first Muslim to be elected mayor of a major Western capital by beating conservative rival Zac Goldsmith in a bitter campaign for London mayor.

“They used fear and innuendo to try to turn different ethnic and religious groups against each other — something straight out of the Donald Trump playbook,” Khan told the Observer newspaper.

But Khan told Time magazine that he wanted to visit the U.S. to share ideas with New York Mayor Bill de Blasio. Both are affordable housing advocates. He said he would have to visit before January. 

“If Donald Trump becomes the president I’ll be stopped from going there by virtue of my faith, which means I can’t engage with American mayors and swap ideas,” he told Time Magazine.

Pope Francis intervened in US election campaign, say trump is not a christian

Started by admin

Replies: 0
Views: 1898
Last post February 19, 2016, 09:38:25 AM
by admin
Nigerian Woman Caught Preaching ON London Street -Charity Begins At Home

Started by mastercode

Views: 2262
Last post October 11, 2017, 01:13:13 AM
by mastercode
Malawi president rejects TB Joshua?s prophecy -You didnt predict church collapse

Started by yungcrux

Views: 2305
Last post March 14, 2016, 09:14:11 AM
by yungcrux
Sultan directs Muslim to commence Ramadan fast, today, June 6

Started by mastercode

Views: 2145
Last post June 06, 2016, 01:08:10 AM
by mastercode
Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association Raise Money for Charity in Washington US