Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: How to fix a Water-Damaged iPhone  (Read 1759 times)

Offline yungcrux

• Global Moderator
How to fix a Water-Damaged iPhone
« on: March 24, 2016, 12:52:46 AM »

[greenalert]what should you do if you drop your iPhone into water?[/greenalert]
There are ways around this issue, as you can see in the easy-to-follow steps enumerated below.

1. Quickly power off the phone. Water, electricity and delicate circuits don't mix at all.

2. Pull out the case (if you have one) and wipe the phone with a dry cloth or a paper tissue.

3. Pull out the SIM tray.

4. Shake the phone really well, so no water will stay inside the orifices (microphone, headphone, power, speakers etc.).

5. Quickly go to a repair shop. They will open up the phone and remove the inside water using a hot air gun.

Since I'm a proficient iPhone user, I had a dedicated "pentalobe screwdriver" and I've opened the phone up myself. It was full of water and I used a small paper tissue for the big drops, followed by five minutes of hair dryer use on the first heat step.

6. If you can't go to a repair shop immediately, put the phone inside a bag of hydrophilic substance for minimum 24 hours for it to dry. The hydrophilic substance will try to remove the remaining moisture from the phone.

What kind of hydrophilic substances can be used, you may ask. Here they are, in the preferable order:

- silica gel, but it's rather hard to find in large quantities;

- cat litter silica crystals - cheap and easy to find;

- a reserve of humidity absorber;

- a bag of instant rice;

- a bag of normal rice.

It's very important to understand that you need to visit the repair shop as the water trapped inside will quickly oxidize the circuits and the repair will be more expensive in the future.

How to remove the stains on the iPhone screen
This part I did not believe at first, but it worked in just 12 hours. About 1/3 of my screen had water between the glass and the LCD and it was not reacting to pressure. You can try the following indications, which proved successful for me:

- Power on the phone;

- Go to Settings - Display & Brightness, put max brightness and Auto-brightness OFF;

- Go to Settings - General - Auto-lock -> Never;

- Let the Settings - General - Auto-lock  section open (white background);

- Connect the power adapter;

- Slip the phone into the bag of the hydrophilic substance and wait for a minimum 12 hours.

The LCD will stay at max brightness, on white color, and it will get hot. This will help evaporate the water between the glass and the LCD, and all I can say right now is that the whole matter ended happily for me, after all.

how to transfer files between android ,iPhone, iPad devices without WIFI Network

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1585
Last post August 30, 2015, 03:36:17 PM
by mastercode
Guide to send photos and videos from an iPhone to an Android phone

Started by bellanaija

Replies: 0
Views: 10707
Last post January 09, 2019, 01:01:34 AM
by bellanaija
How to Speed Up Your iPhone devices - 5 easy steps