Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: I didnt lobby for INEC post??Jega threatens to resign over additional poll units  (Read 1505 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator

The Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega, on Wednesday, declared that there was no hidden agenda with the creation of the additional 30,000 polling units across the country by the commission.

Jega also hinted that he would not hesitate to resign his position as INEC chairman.

Sharp criticism continues to trail the exercise especially in the Southern region with leading groups such as Afenifere and Southern Nigeria People?s Assembly (SNPA) condemning it.

They said it was an insult that over 21,000 polling units was allocated to the North while the South got less than 9,000.

Breakdown shows: South-West: 4,160, South-South: 3,087 and South-East: 1,167; a total of 8,414.

North-West: 7,906, North-East: 5,291, and the North-Central: 6,318; a total of 21,615 The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) was allocated 1,120.

Reacting at a press briefing in Abuja on Wednesday, Jega explained why the electoral commission was creating additional new polling units ahead of the 2015 general elections.

?For the avoidance of doubt, the commission has not yet created the additional polling units, it has simply approved the framework and guidelines to facilitate the creation of these additional polling units by Resident Electoral Commissioners and the state offices of INEC?, he said.

Prof. Jega, expressed disappointment over the criticism generated by the exercise, saying that ?some mischief makers want to turn it (creation of new polling units) into ethnic contest.

?I am not an ethnic or religion jingoist and no one in this commission is like that?.

Declaring that he would continue to put in his best on the job, the INEC boss said, ?The day I know I can?t do this job to satisfy my conscience, I will resign.

?I do my best and all the commissioners here do their best also. So far that we are here, we?ll do our best, nobody lobbied to be here?.

INEC names Buhari’s niece official to announce presidential result,Parties cries

Started by naij

Replies: 0
Views: 15100
Last post January 04, 2019, 07:49:55 AM
by naij
Supreme Court strikes out suit to inspect INEC server – Atiku faces setbacks

Started by legendguru

Views: 19316
Last post August 21, 2019, 05:59:23 AM
by legendguru
Nigerian Newly registered political party asks INEC to shift elections

Started by admin

Views: 1648
Last post March 06, 2015, 02:22:13 AM
by admin
BREAKING: Massive protest in Ondo as INEC names Jimoh Ibrahim PDP candidate (pho

Started by Goodiez Chibuike Nwachukwu

Views: 1199
Last post October 28, 2016, 06:24:14 PM
by Goodiez Chibuike Nwachukwu
PDP plot to reverse INEC power to deploy troops during election blocked by APC

Started by jchima14

Views: 1374
Last post October 15, 2014, 09:03:38 AM
by jchima14