Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Author Topic: Olisa Metuh finally Reveals - 'Former President Jonathan gave me N400 million'  (Read 138 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline admin

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1159
    • View Profile

The detained National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh, has said he is cooperating with the Economic and Financial Crime Commission.

The PDP chieftain said he had volunteered statements to the anti-graft agency in which he explained his role in the alleged arms scandal money.

Metuh, in a statement by his Special Assistant Mr. Richard Ihediwa, in Abuja on Tuesday, said it was not true that he had refused to answer questions put forward to him by the EFCC investigators.

He said it was true that former President Goodluck Jonathan gave him N400m for a job which he refused to disclose.

Metuh had claimed earlier that he executed a project for the President, but refused to state the amount he was paid for the unknown job.

In the statement by Ihediwa, Metuh who has been in detention since Tuesday last week, still refused to disclose the job he executed for the former President that fetched him the huge sum.

He said he would only disclose the job he did for the former President in court.

Ihediwa said, ?This office wishes to state categorically that Chief Metuh has fully cooperated with investigators within his constitutionally guaranteed rights.

?In exercise of his rights, he has since given his statement to the EFCC wherein he submitted that he received the sum of N400m from the former President for an assignment, which he executed to the satisfaction of the former President.

?In further exercise of his rights, Metuh has also indicated his readiness to make public the nature of this assignment, but only in an open court in line with the laws of the land, and where his statement would not be distorted by anybody.

?Metuh, therefore, believes that his continued incarceration and failure to charge him to court are deliberately intended to prevent him from telling his own story in the open court for all Nigerians to know.?

He said that contrary to the impression that the issue of N400m was a product of investigation, it was actually a product of Metuh?s voluntary statement.