Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: We can?t always win -Coach Stephen Keshi  (Read 1435 times)

Offline internet police

• Global Moderator
  • do not spam this forum
We can?t always win -Coach Stephen Keshi
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »

Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has said his team are now pressed to win in South Africa on Wednesday after they fell 3-2 at home to Congo.

South Africa are top of Group A after they won 3-0 in Sudan on Friday and they welcome the African champions in Cape Town.

Keshi has now called for support while hoping the Super Eagles could redeem themselves in South Africa on Wednesday.

?It?s football. Brazil lost 7-1 and we lost (on Saturday). Everybody is going to lose someday. We cannot win all the games all the time. This is where we need the media and Nigerians. They have to be behind the team, so that we can go to South Africa and win,? said a disappointed Keshi.

?I?m very disappointed. It was not just the result but the way we played in the first half. I was like a soothsayer because I saw it coming and I talked to the boys that they had to be aggressive and first to the ball.

?I?ve played against the Congolese team before and I know they play tip-tap football. We scored the first goal and that was it. It?s a shame that we had opportunities, mostly in the second half, but we could not score.?

Keshi said the Eagles played with a lot more aggression but Congo frustrated them with their defensive and delay tactics.
?I told them (players) they were not playing their game. They were not themselves, they were not playing, they were second to the ball and they needed to change the mentality,? he said.

?They came back in the second half and you could see the difference. But if you are playing a team like this, they are going to come hard and park the bus. And that?s what they did in the second half. Who won?t do it?

?I can understand the frustration, the Congolese team delaying the game, killing the game. It became an anger problem and its part of the game.?

I?m building New Super Eagles from scratch ? Nigerian super Eagles coach Oliseh

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 1517
Last post August 16, 2015, 06:19:56 PM
by internet police
We must show South Africa why we are the champions of Africa - Keshi

Started by admin

Replies: 0
Views: 1650
Last post September 10, 2014, 10:14:10 AM
by admin