Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Author Topic: Why President Buhari fail to appoint me as Minister ? Femi Falana  (Read 172 times)

Offline legendguru

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Renowned human rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana has explained why President Muhammadu Buhari did not appoint him a minister.

Buhari had picked Kayode Fayemi, former Ekiti governor as nominee for the state.

Speaking to The Interview magazine, Falana said: ?I was actually contacted. I was actually invited to come on board. It took me appreciable time to make up my mind.

?Along the way, I was made to understand there were people who were opposed to my appointment for ideological reasons. It is their right to do so.?

?For me, it would have been a call to service, not to make money,? he said.

?Those who believed that I should mobilise people to put in a word for me, or wanted me to speak to somebody I fought on principle several years ago were, of course, disappointed.

?This guy actually headed one of the universities at a time students were killed.

?I had to support the students? cause at that time. You don?t then expect me to go to him and swallow my vomit. This is what I mean by the ideological price.?

Falana said there were also ?certain leaders? of the All Progressives Congress (APC) that opposed his appointment because he was not a member of the party. ?Of course, they are right.

?Certain people wanted me to be opportunistic by offering to backdate a membership card for me. I said, ?no, over my dead body?. I wasn?t looking for a job. I was gainfully employed.?

Buhari Reveals Secret Intention: I have no problem with Muslim-Muslim Ticket

Started by jchima14

Replies: 0
Views: 169
Last post October 26, 2014, 02:10:03 PM
by jchima14
Man walking from Lagos to Abuja on Buhari's victory finally arrives Abuja

Started by jchima14

Views: 174
Last post April 21, 2015, 04:05:51 PM
by jchima14
Bosnia set to Apply for EU Membership Feb. 15 - Says Bosnia President

Started by yungcrux

Views: 190
Last post January 27, 2016, 10:07:51 AM
by yungcrux
African Union UNECA Chairman Mbeki backs Buhari?s effort to recover stolen funds

Started by yungcrux

Views: 292
Last post September 26, 2015, 03:32:37 AM
by yungcrux
Court adjourned legal suit filed to disqualify Buhari till April 22nd

Started by mastercode

Views: 490
Last post March 26, 2015, 06:06:33 PM
by mastercode