Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: President Buhari blasts judges, lawyers frustrating his anti-corruption war  (Read 1345 times)

Offline legendguru

• Global Moderator

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday lamented how judges and lawyers aid those milking the country.

Opening the 2015 All Nigeria Judges? Conference in Abuja, Buhari accused corrupt lawyers and judges of sabotaging his efforts to recover stolen assets.

Represented by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, he said: ?Further on point of negative perception, there is both local and international dissatisfaction with the long delays in the trial process. In the past few years, this has become especially so for high-profile cases of corruption, especially where they involve serving or former political office holders.

?As my lords are undoubtedly aware, corruption transfers from public coffers to private pockets, resources required to deliver social and economic justice.

?Government?s attempts to recover such assets in accordance with the law are often faced with dilatory tactics by lawyers sometimes with the apparent collusion of judges.

?These tactics are often not directed at reaching any conclusion or affirming innocence or guilt, but at stalling trials indefinitely, thus denying the state and the accused person the opportunity of a judicial verdict. I wish to echo the sentiments of the vast majority of Nigerians in saying that we cannot afford to continue on this path.?

Buhari called for a total reform of the Justice sector to stop instances of delays or outright inaction in some high-profile corruption cases over shoddy investigations, outmoded rules of procedure, poor prosecution or unprofessional practices of defence counsel.

Send him back home ,sowore begs UK Government to send buhari back

Started by xrated

Replies: 0
Views: 10060
Last post March 31, 2021, 01:00:39 PM
by xrated
jonathan to buhari- If you want to probe me, then probe all the admin before me

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 2175
Last post May 28, 2015, 01:26:23 AM
by internet police