Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: I left N287bn Abacha loot in treasury - Former President Obasanjo Revealed  (Read 1511 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has claimed that he left in the national treasury over N287bn, made up of $2bn, ?100m and N10bn in cash and property, being the loot recovered from the late dictator, Gen. Sani Abacha.

According to Obasanjo, the funds were paid into the treasury through the Central Bank of Nigeria before he handed over power to the late Umar Musa Yar?Auda on May 29, 2007.

Obasanjo?s disclosure was contained in the Vol. II of his memoir, My Watch and reviewed by Punch.

He said, ?In total, by the time I left government in May 2007, over $2bn and ?100m had been recovered from the Abacha family abroad, and well over N10bn in cash and properties locally. All were paid to the public treasury through the Central Bank.

?Enrico (Monfrini, a Swiss lawyer) told me by the time I left government that if he continued to get support for his work, there was still about $1bn he believed he could still recover from the Abacha family and cronies.?

The Ota farmer further claimed that there was a time he got a report that ?3m cash was seized from an agent of the late military dictator by customs officials at an airport in UK and that the British authorities asked the Nigerian government to prove ownership of the money.

?I went to London to have a meeting on another important issue with (former British Prime Minister) Tony Blair and I took the opportunity to raise the issue of the ?3m, using the Yoruba anecdote of the thief who stole palm oil from the ceiling cupboard by getting somebody to help him so as not to spill the red palm oil on himself or the floor. The man who assisted became an accomplice. Tony got the message and the ?3m was released to Nigeria the following day,? Obasanjo stated.

Fayose Accuse President buhari of wasting N250m public fund on economic retreat

Started by admin

Replies: 0
Views: 1708
Last post March 26, 2016, 04:39:11 AM
by admin
President Buhari Tells NNPC New Boss - Recover all Stolen Nigeria Oil Money

Started by mastercode

Views: 1886
Last post August 05, 2015, 05:01:21 PM
by mastercode
President Buhari orders EFCC to trace all stolen funds under Goodluck Jonathan

Started by mastercode

Views: 1736
Last post August 10, 2015, 08:44:47 AM
by mastercode
President Buhari establish anti-corruption courts to try looters of public fund

Started by admin

Views: 1953
Last post August 22, 2015, 01:02:41 PM
by admin
President Buhari hails British support for repatriation of Nigeria?s stolen fund

Started by mastercode

Views: 2062
Last post October 07, 2015, 08:26:29 PM
by mastercode