Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: Everton sign Samuel Eto'o  (Read 1466 times)

Offline internet police

• Global Moderator
  • do not spam this forum
Everton sign Samuel Eto'o
« on: August 27, 2014, 09:54:32 AM »

Everton have signed striker Samuel Eto'o on a two-year-deal after he was released by Chelsea last season.

The Cameroon international, 33, joins on a free transfer and links up with former Chelsea team-mate Romelu Lukaku, who signed for ?28m this summer.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez said of Eto'o: "I met him and we had a very good chat. I was impressed about the hunger he still has.

"We are very excited and I think Everton is the perfect home for him."
Eto'o's contract with Chelsea expired at the start of July and he was not offered fresh terms by Blues boss Jose Mourinho.

Liverpool were in the running to sign him but instead opted for Mario Balotelli, leaving Martinez free to bring Eto'o to Goodison Park.

"I have been very impressed by the style of play Everton adopt," said Eto'o. "I could see straight away that at this club I will have the opportunity to play football.

"I had the chance to speak with the manager over the last few days and we agreed that this was what we would do.

"I was impressed with his enthusiasm but also by the knowledge of football that Roberto Martinez carries, his vision of football and how he reads football. I still think I can learn a great deal from him here."

Four-time African Footballer of the Year Eto'o scored 12 goals in 35 appearances for Chelsea after signing a one-year deal from Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala last August.

He could make his debut against his old club at Goodison on Saturday.

Eto'o began his career at Real Madrid but made his name at their arch-rivals Barcelona.

During his time at the Nou Camp, he won the Champions League twice - in 2006 and 2009 - scoring in both finals, as well as winning the Spanish league three times.

Eto'o moved to Inter Milan in 2009 as part of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's switch to Barcelona and went on to win the Champions League again in his first season under Mourinho at the San Siro.

Newcastle United to sign Manchester United defender

Started by newspostng

Replies: 0
Views: 3199
Last post March 18, 2020, 11:37:36 AM
by newspostng
Manchester City to sign former Manchester United striker

Started by lindaikeji

Replies: 0
Views: 8666
Last post November 23, 2020, 12:05:10 PM
by lindaikeji