Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: Buhari Vows - No amount of pressure will make me give up on anti-corruption war  (Read 1759 times)

Offline internet police

• Global Moderator
  • do not spam this forum

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday assured Nigerians that no amount of pressure that could be mounted on him would make him give up the ongoing war he is waging against corruption in the country.

Buhari, who was represented by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said this while addressing some protesters who stormed the Presidential Villa to encourage him to continue his ongoing anti-corruption war.

The placards-wielding protesters, under the aegis of the Nigerians Against Corruption group, were led by Aisha Yesufu.

They were stopped at the gate of the Presidential Villa close to the Supreme Court by security operatives.

Buhari thereafter dispatched Adesina and his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, to address them.

While promising that he would not relent in the prosecution of the war against corruption, the President, however, promised that he would give due regard for the rule of law while carrying out the task.

The President said all persons charged with stealing the nation?s resources would have their day in court.

He added that upon conviction, their ill-gotten wealth would be seized and returned to government coffers.

He said, ?I believe it is time for Nigeria to change course. That is why I sought election as President and got elected.

?As President, I am determined that Nigeria must move away from a course of endemic corruption that was leading us to perdition.

?No matter the pressure and entreaties, the anti-corruption war will continue and all accused persons will have their day in court.?

The President also reiterated his commitment to curbing insecurity in the country and boosting employment opportunities for Nigerians, especially the youth.

He called for the continued support and solidarity of Nigerians as the present administration worked to correct the wrongs of the past.

The protesters assured the President that the vast majority of ordinary Nigerians fully supported his ongoing efforts to curb corruption.

They urged him not to be deterred by the antics of those who do not share his laudable vision of a fairer, more equitable, corruption-free and progressive nation.

Inscriptions on some of the placards carried by the protesters read, ?I voted Buhari to fight corruption,? ?Govs and their deputies must declare their‎ assets,? ‎?NASS, epitome of corruption,? and ?President and VP must declare their assets,? among others.

Reasons why i must meet with President Obama ?Says President Buhari

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2138
Last post July 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
by mastercode
Buhari, Osinbajo sworn in as New Nigeria President, Vice President

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2405
Last post May 29, 2015, 12:05:19 PM
by mastercode