Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Forget my slow pace, I?m working hard, Says President Buhari  (Read 1109 times)

Offline internet police

• Global Moderator
  • do not spam this forum

Against the backdrop of criticisms that he has been too slow since he assumed office on May 29, President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, begged Nigerians for patience, saying he has been working meticulously to tackle the many national challenges which he identified.

In his message to commemorate this year?s Eid-el-Fitr celebrations marking the end of the Ramadan Fast, President Buhari stated that though there were heaps of misdeeds of the past administration, his government would ensure that every wrong of the past was corrected. He added that stamping out corruption still remained one of the cardinal objectives of his administration.

According to him, there is much work to be done and every step would be correctly taken to ensure that there would not be ?business as usual.?

He, however, appealed to Nigerians to continue to pray for his government, saying that he would not fail them.

His words: ?I remain wholly committed to giving the required leadership towards undoing the wrongs of the past, ensuring that Nigeria truly begins to unlock its great potential and that the benefits of our immense national resources are shared and enjoyed by all, not just by successive cabals of corrupt leaders and their cronies.

?I was aware of your high expectations when I assumed office and I reassure you, my fellow citizens, that since my inauguration on May 29, this year, I have been working with utmost dedication to meticulously plan and tackle the many national challenges which we identified and promised to resolve.

?To succeed, however, I need your continued support, understanding and patience.

?I fully understand and share the thirst of my long-suffering compatriots for corruption-free government institutions that work efficiently to deliver visible development for the benefit of all citizens.

?I also share the feelings of those who think that we should be moving faster. But I urge them and all Nigerians to trust that my commitment to real and positive change in our nation is as firm as ever.
?There is indeed much work to be done, but we must do it well and carefully to ensure that the great opportunity which we now have is not lost to the ?business as usual? group who selfishly or shortsightedly prefer a status quo that panders to their personal or group interests.

?The adverse effects of years of rot, corruption, inept and bad governance on our nation are immense, but certainly not insurmountable if we all resolve now to place the well-being of our nation above all other considerations and work whole-heartedly with the present administration to achieve greater peace and security across the nation, and reposition our country for faster economic development and progress.?

President Buhari congratulated the Islamic faithful who successfully completed their Ramadan fast, urging them to embrace self-denial for the growth of the country.

?I greet and felicitate with you all, especially our citizens of the Islamic faith on this auspicious occasion of the 2015 Eid-el-Fitr celebrations.

?I congratulate all those who have successfully completed the Ramadan fast in keeping with the injunction of our Creator.

?Although we have come to the end of this year?s month of Ramadan, I believe that a greater acceptance by Nigerians of its key lessons of self-denial and sacrifice will serve our dear country well as we strive to overcome our present challenges, undo the damage done by years of bad governance and accelerate the pace of national development.

?Reviewing our dire circumstances and the many missed opportunities of the past, some commentators and observers have said that this is Nigeria?s last chance to get its act together and finally begin to fulfill its God-given potential for greatness.

?While not going that far, I certainly believe that now, more than ever before, our country needs greater self-denial, sacrifice and patriotism from all of its citizens, if we are to quickly recover from our numerous problems and start moving in a positive direction.

?This current period of our life as a nation offers us a great opportunity to break from the vicious triangle of insecurity, corruption and under-development. We must collectively resolve to seize this opportunity and unite to confront our problems?, the president said.

Send him back home ,sowore begs UK Government to send buhari back

Started by xrated

Replies: 0
Views: 10060
Last post March 31, 2021, 01:00:39 PM
by xrated
jonathan to buhari- If you want to probe me, then probe all the admin before me

Started by internet police

Views: 2175
Last post May 28, 2015, 01:26:23 AM
by internet police
Buhari shuts up rumour mongers , "I'm not dead" - Released dinner picture in UK

Started by legendguru

Views: 2028
Last post January 30, 2017, 05:01:31 PM
by legendguru
Man who promised to walk from Lagos to Abuja if Buhari wins arrived Abuja

Started by mastercode

Views: 1935
Last post April 21, 2015, 08:32:55 AM
by mastercode
Corruption versus corruption is impossible to fight?Jonathan?s aides tell Buhari

Started by yungcrux

Views: 1911
Last post October 15, 2015, 10:21:39 AM
by yungcrux