join MTN Nigeria if you want to be part of a company that leads the delivery of a bold new digital world to its customers.
At MTN Nigeria, our people are our most critical competitive asset. We employ only the very best and invest in your growth and development.
If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes in the difference that people make and in delivering value to our customers, MTN Nigeria is the place for you.
Please take that bold step and apply for a suitable vacancy. We?ll be delighted to welcome you to
MTN Nigeria ? a great place to work! We?re proudly IIP certified.
External Communications Officer - Media & Communications
1. Assist in developing, executing and managing corporate communication plans, programs and activities towards the generation of adequate levels of public awareness about MTNN and its operations, in local and international markets and ensure a professional corporate image is maintained.
2. Provide support in all aspects of MTNN?s nationwide media relations? strategy, including handling media queries, media interviews and press conferences.
3. Maintain effective working relationship with mass media representatives in order to enhance the overall presence and perceived relevance of MTNN Corporate Affairs in the media arena.
4. Assist in developing wide corporate communications structures and systems that enable the effective dissemination and collation of information from stakeholders (including electronic medium ?websites, periodic newsletter, newspaper, etc).
5. As directed, assist in developing media briefing documents for Corporate Communications Department, which include pre-briefing meetings and assist in the distribution of related news and articles.
6. Develop and maintain positive relationship with senior media representatives both locally and internationally on behalf of MTNN, interacting with MTNN Senior Management on broad media relation issues.
7. Take editorial responsibility for the company?s website, and other corporate communications tools, developing top line key messages and ensuring positive media publicity is uploaded in the relevant channels.
8. Review media reports in relation to MTNN?s services and offerings, including newspaper reports, press releases, signing ceremony, customer forums, etc.
9. Analyze and evaluate the outcome of media relations programs and recommend approaches for enhancing the effectiveness of media interactions as required.
10. Conduct frequent outreach visits with media outlets nationwide to establish personal contacts and keep them informed regarding MTNN services and contacts.
? Normal MTN working conditions.
? Occasional travel
? At least four years? experience in media management in a world-class company, Multinational or Agency, two of which should have been at supervisory level.
? Media relations
? Crisis Media Management
? Public relations.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should You are not allowed to view links.