A 22 -years-old south African, Miss Rolene Strauss has won the 2014 Miss World Beauty Pageant which was held in the Excel London ICC Auditorium on Sunday.
Miss Rolene, the daughter of a doctor and a nurse is a fourth year medical student.
After being announced as the winner of the keenly contested pageant, Rolene whowore a high, blue and golden jeweled crown and pale pink, waved and smiled at the crowd.
She contested with other 122 beautiful competitors from all over the world.
Below is the list of top ten contestants at the event.
2. Hungary: Edina Kulcs?r, a former finalist of the 2009 Miss Plastic Hungary beauty pageant. The contest featured contestants who had plastic surgery and aimed to promote the benefits of cosmetic procedures.
3. United States: Elizabeth Safrit, who represented North Carolina at the 2014 Miss United States pageant, has a BA in political science from the University of South Carolina and has been dancing since she was little.
The other contestants who made it to top 10 were:
4. Australia: Courtney Thorpe, a marketing student
5. England: Carina Tyrrell, a medical student at the prestigious University of Cambridge.
6. Guyana: Rafieya Husain, a business administration student
7. Brazil: Julia Gama, a chemical engineering student
8. Kenya: Idah Nguma, a marketing executive
9. Mexico: Daniela ?lvarez Reyes, Miss Mundo Mexico
10. India: Koyal Rana, NGO and director of the Moksha Foundation
People?s Choice winner: Thailand: Nonthawan Nonthawan Thongleng, a singer, TV host and model.