Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: ECOWAS arrives Nigeria ahead of election  (Read 15751 times)

Offline newspostng

• Global Moderator
ECOWAS arrives Nigeria ahead of election
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:10:50 AM »

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Head of ECOWAS Observer Mission to Nigeria and former Liberian President has promised to help ensure that the election process in Nigeria was peaceful and successful.

Sirleaf made the promise when she was received by the Vice- President of ECOWAS Commission, Mrs Finda Koroma, at the Presidential Wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on Tuesday, NAN reports.

She was also received by other members of the commission and some representatives of the ECOWAS Parliament.

On her mission to Nigeria, she said: “I hope to meet with political leaders, I want to be able to understand the role I have to play to make sure that I am well prepared to carry out the function.

“I am pleased that it is an ECOWAS assignment and I will be working with them (ECOWAS Commission) and they will guide me and I just expect that I will join all Nigerians to make sure that this whole process is so peaceful and successful.

“That is the purpose of my mission,” she said.

The former Liberian president also said she would share in the findings of earlier missions and consult with those who had been on ground.

“I cannot make a statement till I have had an opportunity to be able to share in the findings of earlier missions, to consult with those who have been on ground.

“At a later date, the ECOWAS Observer Mission will be fully engaged, will carry out its functions and speak when it is time to speak,” she added.

With 10 days to the Presidential and National Assembly elections, observer groups from the international community have begun to arrive to monitor the electoral process.

Nigeria 2015 elections-Collection of Permanent Voter Card from INEC closes today

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 1809
Last post March 22, 2015, 12:30:47 PM
by mastercode
Nigeria 2015 elections images of the ballot box colors for electorate awareness

Started by mastercode

Views: 1751
Last post March 25, 2015, 05:36:48 PM
by mastercode
Buhari will send me to prison if he wins - Nigeria first lady Patience Jonathan

Started by mastercode

Views: 1849
Last post March 26, 2015, 05:58:35 PM
by mastercode
Nigeria 2015 Governorship, State Assemblies Elections (LIVE UPDATES)

Started by mastercode

Views: 2335
Last post April 12, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
by mastercode
APC goes to tribunal, vows to upturn Wike?s victory in Rivers state Nigeria

Started by internet police

Views: 1943
Last post April 17, 2015, 08:24:56 PM
by internet police