Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Saraki reveals How he escaped plot to stop him from Tuesday plenary  (Read 11942 times)

Offline newspostng

• Global Moderator

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, on Tuesday, explained how he escaped alleged ploys by security operatives to stop him from presiding over plenary on Tuesday morning.

Recall that Security agencies early Tuesday morning laid siege on the homes of Saraki and the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu in Abuja.

The move is said to be a ploy to prevent them from making it to the National Assembly today because of a plan by many lawmakers to decamp from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Saraki, however, made his way to the Senate chamber at about 10:40 am. and presided over the plenary.

His deputy, Ekweremadu did not make it to plenary and the siege on his home was still on at midday.

Reacting to a motion on the siege on his home and that of his deputy, Saraki said the plenary would not have held if not for his preparation.

“The road leading to my place was cordoned off and all cars coming in and out as early as 6:30 were being stopped and you have to come down.

“My convoy was stopped from moving. Given something that one was prepared for, I had my own car too. So the deputy senate president called me and said he could not come here.

“And as you are all aware, very late yesterday, at about 8 p.m., I received a letter asking me to report to the police on a case of this Offa robbery which had been concluded before now.”

Saraki, however, condemned the siege saying it was God that made him escape it.

“But as you all rightly said, if one of our colleagues cannot come out for no fault of his, I don’t see how we can continue to sit and ignore the fact that a presiding officer cannot be here.

“And if it was by the plan, I too, would not be here.

“It was just by the intervention of the almighty God that I was able to get myself here.”

Lucy of BBNAIJA 2020 Reveals Erica stands no chance if Nengi wanted Kiddwaya

Started by guruslodge

Replies: 0
Views: 6685
Last post September 09, 2020, 02:23:26 PM
by guruslodge
Olisa Metuh finally Reveals - 'Former President Jonathan gave me N400 million'

Started by admin

Views: 1265
Last post January 13, 2016, 11:26:25 AM
by admin
John Kerry arrives Nigeria,reveals Why US will support Buhari’s corruption fight

Started by newspostng

Views: 1416
Last post August 24, 2016, 02:56:29 AM
by newspostng
EFCC reveals - N3 Billion loot: How we broke into Ex-NNPC boss, Yakubu’s house

Started by Naijaloaded

Views: 1736
Last post May 10, 2017, 08:03:16 AM
by Naijaloaded
Nigeria Vice Presdient Osinbajo Reveals Why Boko Haram will continue attacks