Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: I?m not desperate to become Nigeria?s president ? Atiku  (Read 1212 times)

Offline internet police

• Global Moderator
  • do not spam this forum
I?m not desperate to become Nigeria?s president ? Atiku
« on: November 13, 2014, 12:28:42 PM »

A former Vice-President and presidential aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Atiku Abubakar has stated that he still maintains a cordial relationship with his erstwhile boss, ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Abubakar stated this in an interview with an online news portal, The Cable.

On his relationship with Obasanjo, the Turakin Adamawa said, ?I still have a good relationship with Baba (Obasanjo, but on certain occasions we defer on matters of principle and interpretation of facts.

?This is not unusual for two people who respect each other and have a joint mission to provide good leadership for this nation.?

He also rubbished a claim that the consensus option of the North in 2010 divided the country along religious and ethnic lines.

Abubakar said, ?The electoral support of President Goodluck Jonathan in the North in the 2011 election does not show any evidence that the event of 2010 had created any division, ethnic or religious.

?You will agree that Nigeria?s division along ethnic and religious lines had been actively promoted in the last few years by the present administration and we now have more divisions along those cleavages than ever before.?

He said that he had no regrets leaving the Peoples Democratic Party for the Action Congress of Nigeria in 2010.

The former vice-president stated, ?At a point, the PDP leadership became insensitive to the aspirations of party members, who were being denied the right to participate in the activities of the party, particularly in the elections.

?I was virtually kicked out of the party because of my insistence that internal democracy within the party was critical to the survival of democracy.

?You will recall that I have always been an advocate of a two-party system because it gives people viable choice. I also co-founded the ACN which was supposed to be an alternative to the PDP and provide a choice for Nigerians. The ACN was not intended to be a platform for dealings but when it turned out to be that, my supporters decided to go back to the PDP. As a leader, my decisions on the choice of party affiliations are taken in response to the desires of those who look up to me for leadership.?

He equally cleared the air on insinuations that he was desperate to become president of the county.

Abubakar said, ?I have been asked why I am always seeking to become the president of this country. My passion for governance is that of a man who wants to do more for this nation because there is so much more to be done in fixing Nigeria?.

"Nigeria Needs PDP Now More Than Ever" - You Will Be Shocked By Who Said This

Started by jchima14

Replies: 0
Views: 1826
Last post February 11, 2016, 12:17:59 PM
by jchima14
"These 2 Igbo men will save Nigeria"

Started by Ereporter

Replies: 0
Views: 1800
Last post October 05, 2016, 04:37:55 PM
by Ereporter