Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: Iran Angrily Watches Trump-North Korea Talks  (Read 1348 times)

Offline legendguru

• Global Moderator
Iran Angrily Watches Trump-North Korea Talks
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »

For Iran, the so-called "Axis of Evil" has boiled down to a party of one, as President Donald Trump prepares for direct talks with North Korea.

With Saddam Hussein overthrown and Kim Jong Un now preparing for a planned meeting in Singapore with Trump, Iran remains the last renegade among former President George W. Bush's grouping of nations opposed to the U.S.

For those in Tehran, whether hard-liners, reformists or people simply trying to get by in Iran's worsening economy, it's head-spinning, especially after seeing Trump pull America out of the nuclear deal with world powers.

"I am buying my insulin shots at double the price only because of Trump's decision," fumed Najmeh Songhori, a 35-year-old diabetic mother of two standing in front of a pharmacy in central Tehran. "Meanwhile he is trying to reach a deal with North Korea. Who is going to trust him?"

It wasn't supposed to be like this. Excited crowds flooded the streets after the 2015 nuclear deal that Iran struck with world powers, including the U.S. under President Barack Obama.

The deal saw Iran agree to limit uranium enrichment in its nuclear program, which the West feared could be used to build a nuclear weapon. For Iran, which long has maintained its atomic program was for peaceful purposes, the deal took the shackles of sanctions off its economy and opened up its oil sales abroad.

No one believed it would bring massive change to Iran, which remains a Shiite theocracy overseen by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. But many hoped it would encourage further negotiations and normalize Iran's relationships with the wider world.

Then came Trump, who campaigned pledging to tear up the nuclear deal. Once elected, he included Iran in his travel bans, blocking Iranians from traveling to the U.S., home to a large Iranian community.

Then on May 8, Trump followed through on his threat and pulled America out of the nuclear agreement, dooming billions of dollars of business deals, including Boeing sales.

"At the point when the United States had maximum leverage, this disastrous deal gave this regime — and it's a regime of great terror — many billions of dollars, some of it in actual cash — a great embarrassment to me as a citizen and to all citizens of the United States," Trump said then.

But at the same time, Trump had traded his criticism of Kim Jong Un, a leader he once derided as "Little Rocket Man" on Twitter, for hopes of a one-on-one meeting.

"I think Trump lost the chance to work with Iran," said Mansour Ahmadpour, a 43-year-old taxi driver in downtown Tehran. "I learned in my life that leaving for another table is a sign of weakness when your partners are waiting for you.

US election 2016: Donald Trump calls Ted Cruz a 'maniac' as Cruz takes the lead

Started by legendguru

Replies: 0
Views: 1669
Last post December 14, 2015, 12:28:38 AM
by legendguru
President Trump to Give State of Union Address as Impeached President

Started by punch

Views: 4856
Last post February 05, 2020, 10:56:18 AM
by punch
Donald Trump warns Clinton about playing "the war on women" card

Started by yungcrux

Views: 1443
Last post December 25, 2015, 10:39:33 AM
by yungcrux
Shocking! Donald Trump marries Hillary Clinton? See their wedding photo (photo)

Started by Goodiez Chibuike Nwachukwu

Views: 1694
Last post October 19, 2016, 02:45:38 PM
by Goodiez Chibuike Nwachukwu
Donald Trump’s Victory: Give Peace a Chance – Goodluck Jonathan tells Protesters

Started by Ereporter

Views: 1570
Last post November 12, 2016, 11:36:48 AM
by Ereporter