Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: PDP senator orders buhari to declare DEC 31st democracy destruction day for coup  (Read 8617 times)

Offline naij

Enyinnaya Abaribe, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senator from Abia state, says December 31 should be declared as “democracy destruction day” because that was the day the Muhammadu Buhari military government ousted ex-President Shehu Shagari in a coup.

He said this on Thursday while contributing to a debate on a motion on the post humous award of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) conferred on Moshood Abiola, presumed winner of the 1993 presidential election.

The motion was sponsored by Lanre Tejuosho, senator representing Ogun central, and backed by Biodun Olujimi, senator representing Ekiti south.

Ababribe said for the award to be proper, there was a need for the executive to “quickly” send an amendment to the honours act.

“I support what senator Olujimi and also what the deputy senate president had said, insisting that there may have to be an amendment of the constitution,” he said.

“I also want to add that it would also be necessary for the executive to quickly bring to the national assembly, an amendment to the honours act which states that there cannot be posthumous award. Now that they have jumped the gun to do posthumous award, it would be necessary for us to quickly amend that act.

“Finally, I want to also propose another day since we are now moving in the right direction, saying that democracy is needed, I want to propose that we also designate 31st December as democracy destruction day because that was the day that this same president did a coup.”

Reasons why i must meet with President Obama ?Says President Buhari

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2128
Last post July 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
by mastercode
Buhari, Osinbajo sworn in as New Nigeria President, Vice President

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 2392
Last post May 29, 2015, 12:05:19 PM
by mastercode