Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Why I fail to implement 2014 Confab report — Goodluck Jonathan Reveals  (Read 1511 times)

Offline mastercode

• Global Moderator

Former President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, said, yesterday, he didn’t implement the 2014 Confab report because time was too short for him to do so, as the report was submitted in the twilight of his administration. He also advised leaders to take decisions, which impact would outlive them when out of office.

Jonathan, whose explanation was contained in the goodwill message delivered on the occasion of Integration Summit Roundtable in Abuja, said the 2014 Confab report held the key for reshaping and consolidating the necessary common grounds and shred values needed to move the nation forward. Emphasising that the 2014 confab held the answers to most of what Nigerians were agitating for today, Jonathan, who was speaking for the first time on the reason he did not implement the report, noted that his administration did not have enough time to implement the conference recommendations, given that the report was submitted to him in August 2014, a few months before the 2015 general elections.

The former President, who estimated that it would have taken up to one year to complete the necessary processes for implementation, stressed that a rushed approach within the limited time he had in office before handing over in 2015, would have raised ethical questions. He said: “I am aware that some people have raised some issues with the fact that I did not implement the recommendations of the confab during my tenure.

I would like to state that those making this kind of claim are not being fair to me. “Such people tend to forget that the report was submitted in August 2014, few months before the last general elections. It was at a time that the National Assembly was on break with many of the members already retreating to their different constituencies to prepare their constituents for elections. “I believe that to have a tidy procedure of implementation, it would have involved committee deliberations, public hearings and town hall consultations on different segments of the report.

There is no doubt that the nation then needed up to one year to complete the processes of implementing the recommendations. “It was obvious that my administration, given the time the report was submitted, couldn’t have implemented the report, before the 2015 elections, without running into ethical questions.” Jonathan, while urging his successors to implement to recommendations of the 2014 confab, emphasised that agitations have continued because “we are still trying to discover the best way to run our republic, so that whatever policies we pursue or projects we implement as a nation, will benefit the greatest number of our population. “It was a conference that was designed to shape our future.

Its outcome was meant to be of benefit to the future generation of Nigerians. Contrary to the claims in some quarters, the conference was not designed for my own gain or for the immediate benefit of the participants. “I believe that those entrusted with the responsibilities to formulate policies or make laws should take the kind of decisions that should outlive them, not the ones designed to deliver instant profits to them.”
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:25:10 PM by admin »

Boko haram Leader Shekau is alive, and still controls Boko Haram - New Report

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 1526
Last post August 16, 2015, 06:10:42 PM
by internet police
Lucy of BBNAIJA 2020 Reveals Erica stands no chance if Nengi wanted Kiddwaya

Started by guruslodge

Views: 6683
Last post September 09, 2020, 02:23:26 PM
by guruslodge
John Kerry arrives Nigeria,reveals Why US will support Buhari’s corruption fight

Started by newspostng

Views: 1414
Last post August 24, 2016, 02:56:29 AM
by newspostng
EFCC reveals - N3 Billion loot: How we broke into Ex-NNPC boss, Yakubu’s house

Started by Naijaloaded

Views: 1735
Last post May 10, 2017, 08:03:16 AM
by Naijaloaded
Nigeria Vice Presdient Osinbajo Reveals Why Boko Haram will continue attacks