Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Ignore politics, lets fight crime together in Rivers – Wike tells police IG  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Naijaloaded

• Global Moderator

The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Tuesday urged the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, to join him to fight crime to a standstill in his state.

Speaking during the National Security Summit in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, Wike also urged politicians to join him in putting an end to the issue of insecurity in Rivers State.

Wike called on all stakeholders to put aside politics in the fight against insecurity in his state.

The governor also used the opportunity to declare that he has nothing personal against the police boss.

According to Wike, “If we don’t work together, how do we fight crime? I have told everybody who cares we are all politicians. Join me to fight crime in my state. When the time for politics comes, don’t worry, I know how to do it, but for now fight crime for me.

“I keep emphasizing, fight crime for me when the time comes for politics the people will decide. Insecurity stemS out of not allowing the people exercise their will. If you want to do things against the will of the people, they will resist and this will resort to violence.

“If tomorrow, INEC, decided to conduct election and they bring a struck load of mobile police men, army civil defence to carry the ballot boxes and the people says it will not happen here and if they want to show their superiority, anything can happen.

“I came here to support the IG and I want to say nobody has any personal thing against you. I want to assure you that if you send your boys to the streets to fight crime, I will continue to give them my support.”

Many killed in Maiduguri as suspected boko haram sect raze police station&church

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 2136
Last post August 07, 2014, 05:30:30 AM
by internet police
Nigeria Inspector general of police warns FSARS, stop checking citizens’ account

Started by punch

Views: 10266
Last post September 10, 2018, 12:54:29 AM
by punch
Yoruba Nation Lagos rally will hold –Co-organisers dare Police after ighoho saga

Started by punch

Views: 15013
Last post July 02, 2021, 12:53:21 PM
by punch
Police remain glued at Lekki toll gate as ENDSARS brutality persists nationwide

Started by punch

Views: 14848
Last post October 22, 2021, 12:08:14 PM
by punch
Redeemer university student killed father in Redemption Camp arrested by police