Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: Obasanjo Slams age limit for president  (Read 1309 times)

Offline legendguru

• Global Moderator
Obasanjo Slams age limit for president
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:31:51 AM »

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo said on Sunday that age should not be a barrier for anyone to lead the country, as long as the person has been chosen by the citizens.

He argued that it was not right to stipulate minimum age for a presidential candidate without also specifying the maximum age beyond which one would no longer be able to contest.

According to him, capability and competence, rather than age, should be the qualifications for leadership, recalling that Gen. Yakubu Gowon became military Head of State at the age of 33.

Obasanjo said this while commenting on the proposition by the Senate to reduce the age of presidential candidates from 40 to 35.

The former ppresident featured on Sunday as the guest speaker at an exposition series tagged, “God in my life,” organised by the Torchbearer Society of Archbishop Vining Memorial Church Cathedral, Ikeja, Lagos.

“Quite frankly, if we put minimum age, why are we not putting maximum age? If they put minimum age and then say that even if you are 90, you can be president, because there is no age limit to being president.

“To me, there should be no age limit. Gen. Gowon (retd.) became the Head of State at the age of 33, I became the Head of State at 39…

“I believe there should be no age limit; let the people decide,” Obasanjo said.

Nigeria President Jonathan - I can?t lose 2015 Nigeria presidential elections

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 1460
Last post March 04, 2015, 06:40:14 PM
by internet police
Kinsmen Named Outgoing Nigerian President Jonathan "A prodigal son"

Started by mastercode

Views: 2329
Last post May 21, 2015, 02:13:01 AM
by mastercode
Nigerian First Lady Aisha Buhari jets to London to visit President Buhari

Started by internet police

Views: 1794
Last post July 03, 2017, 01:03:46 AM
by internet police
David Mark gave outgoing President Jonathan N40m wristwatch amidst fuel scarcity

Started by mastercode

Views: 1678
Last post May 22, 2015, 09:25:13 PM
by mastercode
President Idriss Deby of Chad announced Location Of Boko Haram Leader, Shekau

Started by admin

Views: 1471
Last post March 06, 2015, 01:45:21 AM
by admin