Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Author Topic: Buhari Reveals Secret Intention: I have no problem with Muslim-Muslim Ticket  (Read 169 times)

Offline jchima14

• View Profile
Major General Muhammadu Buhari, a former Head of State, has cleared the air about rumors that he intends to pick a Muslim as his running mate if he gets the presidential nomination of the All Progressives Congress (APC). He stated that is open to such option. However, the issue of Muslim-Muslim ticket is seen by many as a move that will allegedly set the party back in the upcoming 2015 presidential election because of the importance attached to religion in a country like Nigeria.
Buhari, is generally seen in the south as a muslim extremist and his likely combination with another Muslim for the presidential election is considered in some quarters a political catastrophy.
But, in an interview with TheCable, Buhari debunked the widespread belief that he fundamentalist. He said: ?Nigerians will always uncover impossible room for manoeuvre for politicians. I had to face one of the governors during one of our party?s meetings [over the issue of religion].

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Reasons why i must meet with President Obama ?Says President Buhari

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 147
Last post July 09, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
by mastercode
Buhari, Osinbajo sworn in as New Nigeria President, Vice President

Started by mastercode

Replies: 0
Views: 198
Last post May 29, 2015, 12:05:19 PM