Naijacrux News:Welcome to Naijacrux Online Forum..Great Place To Get Tips Facts Updates and More ,Interact Discuss & Learn With Others !!.remember to register to enjoy much more update!!!New Updates From Naijacrux -Naijacrux Is Now Mobile Friendly - Download Our Android App On Our Forum Rules And Announcement Section.Our App Will be Live On Google Playstore And IOS Store Soon Aswell - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NAIJACRUX ANDROID APP !!! Dear Guest And Naijacrux Dedicated Members,!!! ,  You Can Now Receive Naijacrux Weekly New Post and Updates Via Email by Subscribing To Our Newsletter Using The Subscribe Button Above The Naijacrux Announcement And Discussion At The Top Home Page!!Never Miss A New Post And Updates Again.!Thank You.  !!!YOU ARE WELCOME TO NAIJACRUX INFORMATIVE LEARNING AND INTERACTIVE FORUM.This Website is an Intensive Forum of Learning We recommend you Register & Login to Enjoy much free stuffs ::>>Also remember to Update your Profile Immediately after registration. Thank you!>>>!!!!To All Advertisers And Patronizers, kindly Send Mail To Support@naijacrux.com For adverts Placement. thanks!!!

Author Topic: Gambia electoral commissioner flees country amidst death threats  (Read 1753 times)

Offline legendguru

• Global Moderator

Gambia's electoral commission chair has fled the country after receiving deaths threats over the presidential victory of Adama Barrow. Alieu Momar Njai disappearance follows the closure of three radio stations.

Alieu Momar Njai's nephew has confirmed that the chairman of Gambia's electoral commission has fled the west African nation.

Modou Njai told German news a gency DPA that his uncle had left the country due to death threats after confirming Yahya Jammeh as president in the December 1 election.
"He was not willing to leave," Njai'S nephew said. "But the family had to put pressure on him. I understand that he is currently outside Gambia."

With just two weeks until the planned inauguration of the new president, it was not immediately where Njai had fled. Barrow's victory was seen as an unexpected triumph for democracy in Gambia, which gained independence from Britain in 1965 but has since had only two presidents.

ECOWAS on alert

Njai declared Barrow had won the vote a day after the election and President Yahya Jammeh initially accepted defeat. A week later, however, the veteran leader who first seized power in a coup said he would not step down.
"I am not a coward. My right cannot be intimidated and violated. This is my position. Nobody can deprive me of that victory except the Almighty Allah," Jammeh said.
His change of heart drew international condemnation.

Egyptian Court Upholds Death Sentence for 20 people for attacking police station

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 1611
Last post July 03, 2017, 12:33:56 AM
by internet police
Death Toll from Cyclone Ida in Africa Stands at 847, Cholera Cases Rise

Started by yungcrux

Replies: 0
Views: 7916
Last post April 10, 2019, 08:25:30 AM
by yungcrux
Death Toll in Kenya Post-election Violence Rises