Happy New Year 2024 to all our members and visitors! Our Forum is Now Back Online After Some Critical Upgrade- We Apologize for the inaccessibility Period! Thank You all. CORONAVIRUS safety tips from Admin! 1. Watch your hands with running water 2. Dont cough in your hands 3. Keep distance from people 4. Stay indoor if neccessary!! Stay safe !!! Dear Members,Do you know that naijacrux is fully programmed to serve you better, Do you know that you can share your favorite post on naijacrux with friends on twitter,facebook, googleplus,myspace and many more! To share post on naijacrux with friends and family on twitter, facebook,googleplus,myspace,and many more, scroll to the down page of the post, Click on the Social Icon You Want To Share On To Share.

Author Topic: I won’t join APC, Mimiko vows  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Ereporter

I won’t join APC, Mimiko vows
« on: November 21, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

The Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, on Monday said despite the controversy surrounding who flies the flag of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state governorship election holding on Saturday, he was not contemplating joining the All Progressives Congress.

He said the courtesy he extended to President Muhammadu Buhari when he led party members to a rally in the state on Saturday was done because of his position as the president and had nothing to do with the party he belongs to.Mimiko spoke with State House correspondents shortly after meeting with Buhari for the second time inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja, since the crisis over the PDP candidate started.

He said the purpose of his two meetings with the President was to brief him on the security situation in his state ahead of the elections.

The governor said, “This is my second visit to the Villa since this crisis in our party started. Like I said, as the Chief Security Officer of my state, if there is any credible threat to security, I owe the responsibility to Nigerians to apprise Mr. President of what is going on in the state.

“Mr. President was in my state to campaign for his party. I extended to him the courtesy of receiving him at the airport and seeing him off as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, not as APC (member).

“I understand that people have speculated that this means I am going to APC. There is nothing of such. I only extended him normal courtesy that protocols demand.

“As a governor and Chief Security Officer of the state, if the President is visiting, no matter the party he belongs to, it is only appropriate for me to extend the courtesy to him. That was what I did in Akure.

“And I have also come to brief him about the security situation in my state.”

When asked to comment on the ongoing crisis in the PDP, the governor said he was concentrating on the case in court.

Mimiko said once his candidate, Eyitayo Jegede, wins at the court, the state would erupt in joy.

“The whole of Ondo State will erupt in joy and it will be so self-evident,” he said.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/11/21/i-wont-join-apc-mimiko-vows/

"I Will Defeat Buhari In A Free And Fair Presidential Election" - Fayose Vows

Started by legendguru

Replies: 0
Views: 2454
Last post September 29, 2017, 12:31:02 AM
by legendguru
Ekiti state newly Elected Governor Fayose vows not to recognise 19 new LCDAs

Started by internet police

Replies: 0
Views: 1769
Last post August 13, 2014, 07:41:51 AM