Follow Naijacrux on twitter .follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/naijacruxonline, or @naijacruxonline or search for naijacruxonline on twitter!!Like us on facebook .Like us at www.facebook.com/Naijacruxforum.Click Here To Last longer In Bed[Stay amused>>>Don’t be a one minute Foul]>>> Love need Tips-See how Here

Author Topic: REVEALED: 3 reasons why I am in Morocco – President Buhari  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Ereporter

REVEALED: 3 reasons why I am in Morocco – President Buhari
« on: November 15, 2016, 07:37:09 PM »

Following outcry about his trip to Morocco for the United Nations Climate Change Conference, President Muhammadu Buhari has explained to Nigerians his reasons for going to the conference and why Nigerians should also be concerned about climate change.

President Buhari arriving in Marrakesh, Morocco on Monday, November 14

President Buhari arrived in Morocco late on Monday, November 14 and in a short statement made available to NAIJ.com on Tuesday, November 15, the president listed reasons for his attendance thus:

Commitment to reducing emissions

The president says he is Morocco to let the world know that Nigeria is committed to reducing carbon emissions in Nigeria. The country also wants to raise the target of 20% reduction by 2030 to 45% by the same year with adequate help.

“Today I will deliver Nigeria’s Statement at the Opening Plenary of the United Nations Climate Change Conference #COP22 High Level Segment. In it I will reiterate Nigeria’s commitment to reducing emissions by 20% by 2030, and our intention to raise this target to 45% with the International Community’s support.”

Lake Chad issue

The president said his attendance is also to find answer to how Nigeria will survive the problem with Lake Chad which is drying up.

“People ask why should Nigeria bother about Climate Change. The answer is that it is a matter of survival for us. The Lake Chad has shrunk to 10% of its original size over the last few decades, affecting the lives and livelihood of more than 5 million people,” President Buhari said.

Heavy flooding

Another reason for the president’s trip to Morocco is to also find an answer to the heavy flooding that has hit various parts of Nigeria.

“Elsewhere in the country a series of devastating floods has afflicted us since 2012, affecting more than 2 million people,” he said.

The president wrapped up his statement by saying climate change has become a critical issue that Nigeria must tackle for the sake of the country’s future.

“There are more examples of the negative effects of Climate Change. Each one of them is a reminder why we should take it seriously; why we should build a society that is aware of and responsive to Climate Change. We do it for our today, and our tomorrow,” President Buhari concluded.

Meanwhile, President Buhari on Monday, November 14, received the recovery report which is prepared to steer the nation out of the economic recession.

The report, which has been labelled as ambitious, was prepared by the Economic Management Team (EMT) in collaboration with the Ministries of Budget and National Planning, Finance, the Presidency and the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/11/15/revealed-3-reasons-why-i-am-in-morocco-president-buhari/

Obasanjo Blast FG Again, PDP, CNM back Obasanjo’s Buhari is a failure comment

Started by guruslodge

Replies: 0
Views: 2163
Last post April 04, 2018, 10:07:14 AM
by guruslodge
Buhari warns Incoming Ministers'dont use Long Convoys,dont Appoint Excess Aides

Started by admin

Replies: 0
Views: 2370
Last post November 07, 2015, 12:44:21 PM
by admin